Supermarket with international products

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Supermarket with international products

hi.
    im looking for wishbone (name of the brand) french dressing, and vlasic (name of the brand) sweet relish.
    went to wellcome at mongkok/nathan road today, but found out its just a tiny supermarket, compared to the european supermarkets i used to go in europe...

any advice where i could get this stuff?

thank you very much!

I don't know about those brands, but you should spend a couple of hours in one of the Park N Shop or Wellcome superstores.
    They are more the size of supermarket you're used to I suppose.
    you can also try 360 at elements, tst or in the landmark, central.

I think you have more chance with Olivers in Prince's Building in Central and an outside chance with the City Super in Times Square, but expect to pay double what you would for these items back home

price doesnt matter, as these products are not available back home

will try the mentioned superstores and will report back.
    thanks robert & ray

try Gateway in Sheung Wan

Quote Originally Posted by oanvoanc:
    hi.
    im looking for wishbone (name of the brand) french dressing, and vlasic (name of the brand) sweet relish.
    went to wellcome at mongkok/nathan road today, but found out its just a tiny supermarket, compared to the european supermarkets i used to go in europe...

any advice where i could get this stuff?

thank you very much!
    Gateway, City Super, and some of the larger ParkNshops or Great are your best bet. Haven't seen either of those at Olivers, where I often shop, but have seen both brands at Gateway (although I don't recall which exact products).

well, i hear that wallmart has huge store in shenzhen, though suprising their aisa hq is in hk, but has no stores!!

Quote Originally Posted by wokwithwins:
    try Gateway in Sheung Wan
    Don't bother with Gateway- they specifically stock US brands.

Olivers, City Super, 360 are better bets.

wallmart in sz is geared to the chinese market. the food is pretty much what you would expect to find in a local chinese supermarket, NOT in a wallmart.

i went to both wallmart & sams's club to check them out, specifically to check out the food counters and came back somewhat disappointed, but not surprised.

Gateway might work. Both Wish Bone and Vlasic are American brands.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast