where to go for a tailor made suit?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

where to go for a tailor made suit?

i don't have the time to go to shenzen for a suit, but need one within the next three or four weeks.

can anyone recommend/advise against some tailors? i assume the best bet will be in tst, but there are too many just to wander around and choose one!

budget: c HK$5,000

I think for that price, maybe you can try Jantzens Tailor, near world wide house on des veoux road?

have you been? any good?

I have ex-colleagues who were very happy with Jantzen. Personally in the days I needed a suit I used Taipan Row and was happy with them. The price depends to a large extent on the fabric used. Be prepared also for multiple fittings until they get it just right, and also know at least the basics about what you want the suit to look like (double-/single-breasted, single/double vent, how many pairs of trousers, number of buttons on the cuff, and so on). Use the "Tailoring Style" link on the webpage to get the idea.

Last edited by PDLM; 11-08-2009 at 10:39 AM.

I've not had a suit made, but I had mine adjusted by the guys at Stitch Up Tailors in Star House.

They did a really good clean job of it and were really nice.

They'd be able to do you a good quality suit within the time period required and at an affordable price.

Contact Number 23145051.

I googled for ages and found these guys, went and checked them out and the guy knows his stuff.

hope this helps.

Ken

that looks a bit swanky pdlm! is that within my budget? there is a 'sale' on according to the website...

Yes, I've had 3 or 4 suits from them over the years, each with two pairs of trousers, and I certainly haven't paid more than HK$5000 for any of them. Go to the shop in Galleria for slightly lower prices.

They have the flashier ("name") fabrics on their website, but they have cheaper stuff. And remember to haggle (especially if, for example, you are also getting some shirts made)!

Last edited by PDLM; 11-08-2009 at 10:36 AM.

Personally, I like to use jantzen for shirts and adjustments..
    I've had a couple of suits from them which were ok too.
    However, for suits, I prefer to buy off the rack on sale (Armani etc is affordable on sale!!) and then get them tuned up at the tailor.

Pro Tip: ALWAYS Call Jantzen before you pop in to pickup/fit for anything, they are almost NEVER on time!

Mr. Elle got several suits as well as shirts done at Jantzens and was always very happy with them.
    Fitting, workmanship, reliability and value for money are very good.

I have used creative tailor in the arcade underneath the standard chartered building in central and have been very happy with their suits and shirts. Suits as pdlm says are dependant on material but I have got work suits for around 5000 and shirts are normally around 400 each with discounts for 3 or more. Good service and quality.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast