fresh dumplings in Central

Closed Thread

fresh dumplings in Central

When I first came to hk, I used to live in ShaTin, and I was able to find fresh dumplings in every Wellcome/Park N Shop. But here in the central I can only find the old frozen ones, although I'm living in the Graham Street. Do you have idea where to buy fresh ones?

why not check sheung wan civic centre for a stall; or if that happens to be too far... there's two restaurants on wellington, Dumpling Yuan and Wang Fu, ask them. (they're across from each other, near the corner... west of Nha Trang restaurant)

Are they really actually fresh?
    I've noticed a lot of meat says in small writing that its 'from frozen'.
    You can always make them yourself! I keep meaning to do this myself.

If you can't find them fresh at the supermarkets I'd recommend eating at Wang Fu on wellington street as well. They're mutton and chive dumplings with noodles are truly exceptional (the vegetarian ones' are good too) and very very affordable.

Freshly homemade dumpling in Central/Mid-levels

There's a small and nice chinese restaurant on Caine road named ''Hometown Dumpling'' which do really good dumplings! I tried most of them (there's arround 9-10 different choices), you can buy take-away of the raw freshly made dumpling, it tastes really good!

If you have any dumpling/noodle restaurants nearby, try asking them. I was suprised to see someone buy fresh uncooked dumplings from a place I ate at during lunch.