Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jcohk

Where to buy a watchwinder

Closed Thread

Where to buy a watchwinder

I'm getting bored of constantly having to reset/wind my watches. Anyone know where to buy a no-frills watch winder? I've tried random watch stores in CWB to no avail. I'm after something cheap, as opposed to the silly 10K plus walnut veneer jewellery boxes that the upscale watch stores sell.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    I'm getting bored of constantly having to reset/wind my watches. Anyone know where to buy a no-frills watch winder? I've tried random watch stores in CWB to no avail. I'm after something cheap, as opposed to the silly 10K plus walnut veneer jewellery boxes that the upscale watch stores sell.
    i was able to get really cheap one at group on.hk before. Now it is available at bee crazy.com.
    jgl likes this.

Thanks, but four years too late I don't wear watches any more.

How'd you come across this old thread?

Taobao, about rmb 200-400 or so. I will get one these days too...

手表上链盒

Maybe he coincidentally runs a website called bee crazy.com?
    Last edited by flameproof; 14-01-2014 at 04:34 PM.

Thanks, but four years too late I don't wear watches any more.

You'd have to think you didn't wear them then either?

Yep, you are correct. I wore a 1960s Seamaster sporadically. Then I bought a fancy-ish dress watch. But as neither provided any more functionality than a mobile phone, and because I'm not into male virility symbols, I ditched wearing either.

Now if I could find a nice mechanical watch that had a magnetic (non-electronic) compass built into it, I'd reconsider...

Last edited by jgl; 14-01-2014 at 06:28 PM.

A friend was asking me where he can get one recently and I came across your question.

I came across a shop in Sham Shui Po that just sells watch winders. I don't have a need for one so didn't look at how much it was but its on 1/F Metro Plaza right in front of you as you go up the escalators.

In the meantime I got one from Taobao.com - Quality is excellent. Holds 2 watches. Very quiet, can't hear a thing. rmb 190 , roughly HK$250