Canon IXUS 100is - Where to buy one?

Canon IXUS 100is - Where to buy one?

Where is the best place to buy digital camera's in HK?

Our friends camera has died and she's wants one of these to replace it whilst on her travels.

She's off to China after Hong Kong (Shanghai and Beijing) so would it be cheaper to buy one there?

Hope someone can help.

Cheers.

Wherever you buy a Canon you may want to look carefully at the warranty. Often it is a local warranty only in the country of purchase.

I'm not sure about the "best" (I assume you mean cheapest) place to buy - I tend to be lazy when I need a new camera and just go to the most convenient place - last time that happened to be Wanchai Computer Centre.

Get her to look also at the Canon SX200i - it is a bit larger than the IXUS (which I like - IXUS is just too small and fiddly I think) and has an optical zoom that's the equivalent of a 336M lens on a 35mm camera. I'm very happy with mine. Should cost around $3500-3800 with the usual goodies thrown in (spare battery, case, screen protector, etc)

most digital cameras, especially SLRs, only carry local warranties, and usually only for 1 year and that goes world wide (aka no matter where you purchase it). Lens however usually have worldwide warranties

I bought my Ixus 100 in DCS for HKD 2080.

Cheers guys..

we found a few places that sold them yesterday and had a good look around.

Drunken Master, Where's DCS? I dont think thats one that we got too yesterday and as far as prices go thats not a bad price.

They're travelling Asia at the moment, currently in Hong Kong, but have other places to go and have a look at. Were going to keep looking today and see what kowloon side has to offer.

Cheers.

Canon IXUS 100 IS - DC ???? - ???? - ????? Price.com.hk

HK$1850 official stock, please mention by model number to get best price, unless you want a gweilo/no tech savvy price..

( assume that cam2 and wing shing will be same price, same street)

???? - International Audio & Visual Co.

? ??????51???????7??(??)

? 7/F., YAN SHING COMM. CENTRE, 51 SAI YEUNG CHOI ST., KLN.

? Hi-End? : 2191 5800

? AV? : 2191 5801 2

? ??? : 2191 5803

? ?? : 2191 5806

Quote Original Post:
    Canon IXUS 100 IS - DC ???? - ???? - ????? Price.com.hk

HK$1850 official stock, please mention by model number to get best price, unless you want a gweilo/no tech savvy price..

( assume that cam2 and wing shing will be same price, same street)

???? - International Audio & Visual Co.

? ??????51???????7??(??)

? 7/F., YAN SHING COMM. CENTRE, 51 SAI YEUNG CHOI ST., KLN.

? Hi-End? : 2191 5800

? AV? : 2191 5801 2

? ??? : 2191 5803

? ?? : 2191 5806
    Excellent!

Thanks very much, I'll go in there today with them and have a look.

obviously going to see if they can do any cheaper or atleast throw in some extra's if we're going to spend that much in there

Thanks again.