Unique ideas for Christmas Gifts

Closed Thread

Unique ideas for Christmas Gifts

Hi
    I know it can't be that time already...! I am trying to think of a unique gift to send my parents, I want something personal to us - I have 2 children who my parents don't get to see very much, and they are growing up fast... I want a keepsake for them. Any ideas would be much appreaciated
    Thanks

Children - cash / coupons (the coupons can let them pick whatever they want at the store: HMV / toyrus are quite useful)

Coupons: without overspending, if it went over... they would have to pay extra.... some financial educations for kids.

Games, XBOX, PS3!!

Not sure what you have in mind, but my brother had a book made of photos of the family (him, his wife and their 6 month old baby). They had it done at a photo shop and added comments and notes too. It was a hard copy book, with shiny photo pages, like a coffee table book. It had about 30 pages, but that is obviously up to you.

If you don't mind spending a few bucks, you can ask some professional family video maker to shoot an hour long family video and send it to your folks as Christmas gift. I went to YWCA bazaar earlier this year and saw somebody is doing that, not cheap though.

But sorry, I can't recall the name of that company now. Maybe you can googling a bit for that.

Take a look at something like this ..

CEIVA - The Inventors of the Connected Digital Photo Frame

They can get new photos of the kids on their digital photo frame on a daily basis if you need ...

Perfect for grandparents who might not be too tech savvy.

want some thing very unique, a high quality framed canvas printing of your family, inexpensive in hk (cost almost 3/4 times to do in UK or US) yet very personal.

just pick a nice photo, then let the do the rest, it's really nice ( I done a few, inc, for my fiancee's parents as well as graduation photos)

check out the site

O-LIVE DECOR - Turn your home into a gallery - UltraGiclee

or alternatively

you can have custom made, hand etched/heated wooden photo frame of your family with either a realistic/ cartoon like image of you and your kids, very unique and relatively inexpensive, can even add a built in music box of your choice (don't think it's avaliable in the west)

78 shop, 1st fl, 1 phase, mong kong centre

or even a clay sculpture of your family

in ( i think) in 3rd fl west koowlon dragon centre in sham shui po

or

possibly the best

laser cut 3d crystal of your family's image (internally sculptured using lasers on to a solid glass/crystal shape)

the peak, next to wax museum or ventian in macau

err i don't think grandma would appreciate getting a winnie the pooh toy this year.