where to buy a pocket square?

Closed Thread

where to buy a pocket square?

I'm looking to buy a white linen pocket square but I can't seem to find any store that doesn't sell them for >$100. Does anyone have any recommendations, preferably in the TST or MK area?

Quote Originally Posted by exodus:
    I'm looking to buy a white linen pocket square but I can't seem to find any store that doesn't sell them for >$100. Does anyone have any recommendations, preferably in the TST or MK area?
    What's a pocket square?

Aha. Google is my friend - apparently he means a cloth handkerchief for anyone else similarly bemused. Have you tried Marks and Spencer ? Or indeed any of the markets in the TST Mongkok area (ladies market mongkok, night market temple st jordon etc - I'm pretty sure I have seen them there too for a few dollars).
    Last edited by MovingIn07; 14-11-2009 at 05:06 PM.

Haven't tried M&S yet, but I don't have a good feeling about the price.

I've been to the ladies market and I've only seen silk ones (which are bundled with matching ties and matching cufflinks, yuck). I haven't been to the temple st. night market, but I'll try that!

Well you can get packs of 10 for GBP9.50 at M&S in the UK, so I'd be surprised if they were more than HK$200 here, so $20 each.

But locally in the markets I'd be amazed if they couldn't be had for HK$5 or less.

Go to anyone one of HK tailors and ask them maybe?

'A piece of cloth, square, about this big [indicated using hands / fingers or similar limb/digit combinations] my dear man.'