Mac ibook/powerbook prices

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mac ibook/powerbook prices

Does anyone know the approx prices for 14" ibook / 15" powerbook in HK ? (Or alternatively a site that would tell me !?)

In HK on business shortly and need to work out any major cost benefit to buying it there !!

See appleclub.com.hk. Don't think there's much cost benefit. It's not the best time to buy an Apple notebook, since the G4 processor is quite outdated and Apple will switch to Intel next year.

mine was HK$8K only..

Quote Originally Posted by c1000:
    See appleclub.com.hk. Don't think there's much cost benefit. It's not the best time to buy an Apple notebook, since the G4 processor is quite outdated and Apple will switch to Intel next year.
    Hmm. I wouldn't call my 17" Powerbook dated though it is almost a year and a half old...I guess I could add another gigabyte to the 1 gig of ram I have already

Quote Originally Posted by c1000:
    Cool - already seen that site and was assuming that I would be able to get it slightly cheaper at some store in HK than from apple direct ?

Also - when is apple switching and what difference does that make if I get one now ? Complete Mac virgin ..... have no idea why everyone is switching to them all of a sudden,,,,

Try the Apple shop on Stanley Street, Central. There's one in C'bay too.

My friend bought one for $ 16xxx maybe 3 months back

Quote Originally Posted by poca25:
    Cool - already seen that site and was assuming that I would be able to get it slightly cheaper at some store in HK than from apple direct ?

Also - when is apple switching and what difference does that make if I get one now ? Complete Mac virgin ..... have no idea why everyone is switching to them all of a sudden,,,,
    It's a nostalgic move to get an 'original' Apple before they start using Intel chips. Prices will come down as retailers try to move stock.

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    It's a nostalgic move to get an 'original' Apple before they start using Intel chips. Prices will come down as retailers try to move stock.
    True. If you can wait, it probably would make sense. Still I think they make the switch in a year, no?

There's also a new apple shop in Sha Tin...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast