Potting Soil on HK Island?

Closed Thread

Potting Soil on HK Island?

Hi -- where can I buy potting soil on HK Island? I dont want to travel all the way out to Prince Edward just for soil....

I rooted some herbs and need to plant them soon!

Thanks!!

Often larger branches of Welcome and ParknShop have bags of soil. Also Japan Home Store.

And the larger places in Prince Edward deliver.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

And Wing On.

Also there is a place on Cleverly Street in Central, Connaught Road end near the currency exchange place. Also has a good selection of seeds.

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 08-12-2009 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anais:
    Hi -- where can I buy potting soil on HK Island? I dont want to travel all the way out to Prince Edward just for soil....

I rooted some herbs and need to plant them soon!

Thanks!!
    Park'n'Shop in Coda Plaza on MacDonnell Road has bags of potting soil... and can be delivered to your place right along with the groceries.

the nurseries in pokfulam sell bags of soil as well. 50lbs for $80 if memory serves...
    i've been wary about the soil in the supermarkets... looks like there is some kind of chemical fertilizer in there.

You can buy 40 lb bags down in Sheung Wan too. The places on Connaught Road stock some pretty decent brands (including German and American potting soil).

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

40 and 50 lb bags? A tad large for a few potted herbs?

wow! thanks for all the feedback. i have one sprig of vietnamese purple perilla that i've rooted. am trying to grow a vietnamese herb garden in-home so i can make all my favorite dishes....will soon add basil and other fun herbs when i can find them!