Need Fitness equipment recommendations

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

the model i looked at in Kettler was a folding treadmill, and seemed OK. What should i look for that would determine it as rubbish? ive never bought a treadmill before.

i did find this one below, but i have never ordered from them before and dont know if its legit:
    HK Expat -- Marathon Foldable Treadmill $3450

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    the model i looked at in Kettler was a folding treadmill, and seemed OK. What should i look for that would determine it as rubbish? ive never bought a treadmill before.

i did find this one below, but i have never ordered from them before and dont know if its legit:
    HK Expat -- Marathon Foldable Treadmill $3450

When I was shopping around for a machine for my mom, who is 61 yrs old, I was also looking for something foldable. I looked at bikes and elliptacles, but not treadmills. All the foldable bikes and elliptacles we tried out were too light and flimsy to do any more than a very light workout. The resistance levels are so low that it feels like you are riding a bike downhill all the time! So once you get used to that level of resistance, it will be practically useless, even for my 61 yr old mother.

I would imagine it is the same for a foldable treadmill. From the looks of the one you linked to, you can probably do a light trot on it, but certainly not a "run". Try it out next time you are in the store. Jog on it. Run on it. If you run on it, is it stable or does it feel like it can topple over?

Personally, I wouldn't invest 3K in it. I would put in more money and get something that I can "level up" when my body adapts to the speed or resistance level of the machine.

thats my 20 HK cents

FitBoxx in Mongkok have a range of fitness equipment, they advertise in various magazines a lot, I don't know how good their products are,

FitBoxx.com