How much to haggle in Golden Computer Arcade?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How much to haggle in Golden Computer Arcade?

Hey all,

I am looking forward to entering 2010 with a new desktop PC, and I have been looking for alternatives @ Fortress / internet / Golden Computer Arcade.

Now, Golden's shops are almost identical on the listed shelf price, and they don't seem to keen on haggling down. Is this the impression you guys have as well? I was looking at a 11k system, and got only a few % lower price after haggling. I don't want to make a total a$$ of myself, and thought to check what your experience is? How much discount can you usually get on standard PC components (HD, graphics cards, monitors, etc) at Golden Computer Arcade?

Thousand thanks for the help, it is very very appreciated!

And happy new yearrrrrr!!!

// Fred

Golden Centre is not Ladies Market. I wouldn't expect more than you are getting offered. A few dollars.

Thank you :)

Noted with thanks, then I can purchase the kit without feeling laowai-ripped off ;D Good stuff, and thank you for the quick reply.

Cheers,

// Fred

Computer Shop prices in HK are Fixed price (mostly) & if you low ball they will give you a nasty look or ask you to leave their shop.

try to compare price first, try here

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread64597.html

Generally they dont discount on electronics. Already the margins are extremely low. But some stores are cheaper than others and I suggest you shop around from place to place.

Also check out 香港格價網 Price.com.hk that someone posted on these forums yesterday. It shows you the cheapest place in HK to get any given product. For example, click on CPU's, then choose the CPU you want, then it shows you a range of different prices from different stores. eg a Core i5-750 is $1545 at Jumbo computer, $1589 at Centralfield, $1597 at Techzone, etc

Do look around though, as prices to vary between shops even in Golden Computer Arcade.

Rather than discount, ask them to through in a few extras like some extra ram, bigger HDD, nod32, etc.....

Hi all,

Thank you for the help, this makes a lot of sense. I will check this out for sure!

Cheers!

// Fred

Do check the difference of the model you're interested in with the big chains, Broadway, Fortress etc Sometimes there ain't much difference (you might wanna go big then)

I got around 5% off at the shop where I bought most of the components when I put my system together.

If you dont ask, you dont get. I normally haggle if I purchased more than 2 big components. I normally get a $10-20 discount by asking politely.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast