Mence Beauty

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I'd also like to hear a testimonial from someone who has been and found it to be useful. That said, my thought is you should save your money. The only way to burn fat is through diet and exercise. But I guess if you are looking to be pampered as a stress-reduction thing, then maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Namazu:
    I'd also like to hear a testimonial from someone who has been and found it to be useful. That said, my thought is you should save your money. The only way to burn fat is through diet and exercise. But I guess if you are looking to be pampered as a stress-reduction thing, then maybe...
    That's what I was thinking. Nothing like a healthy diet and intense cardio/weight training. I need to get off my ass and to the gym! lol

Jay, I just started up again (had a loooong hiatus due to a "baby interruption"). Still haven't dragged my sorry carcas into a gym yet, but that's the next step.

For the poster, these "before and after" pics are usually all scams. They are usually photoshopped to some degree and the "before" pic may actually be the "after" pic, where they model let's himself go for a few months, forgets to shave and then sticks his gut out as far as it will go (standing with bad posture) to make himself look worse. When you compare that with the other pic you can usually see the posture difference and the fact the guy is now clean-shaven, has had a haircut etc.

My thought still is to save your money, get in a routine and go to the gym (note to self on that last one).

Quote Originally Posted by Namazu:
    , get in a routine and go to the gym (note to self on that last one).
    well this where the hard part sets in

My weight loss advice

[QUOTE=Namazu;238920]Jay, I just started up again (had a loooong hiatus due to a "baby interruption"). Still haven't dragged my sorry carcas into a gym yet, but that's the next step.

I too worked out at the gym and I've only developed a larger appetite and more weight gain.

I've lost my job for breaking things in the company and 2 relationships have gone sour because of my temper. Over the years, I've gained weight and my temper became worse than ever.

I've learned that certain anger issues (implosive vs explosive) contribute to overweight. The explosive ones do.

I went to seek help and this doctor said if I don't lose 10 lbs in 2months, I can get my $ back for the clinic visits on weightloss.

Anyway, after 4 weeks, I lost 4lbs and my anger has not flared.

The next month, the doctor gave me some dietary modifications (eating a type of fish called sockeye salmon, dandelion extract) and avoiding certain foods that contribute to anger/weight gain.

The second month, I lost another 9lbs. That's a total of 13lbs in 2 months.

My anger issues are substantially reduced. This entire time `standard exercise` was avoided. The doctor said it would raise my testosterone levels. He showed me studies involving increased hairloss due to oily scalp, overscratching etc.

I didn't want to risk getting worse or take any medications. Hope my story helps anyone out there.

wow @ mgmg, so where is this place? is it in HK? i guess the program would be different for other people. fo me , my main goal is to loose the 44 inch tummy

Contact Information

There is a location in Hong Kong and in New York. This is an eco-office that books appointments for Dr. Chiu is:

Suite 703A, Opulent Building
    402-406 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai Hong Kong
    Tel: (852) 2893-3367

The doctor mentioned that each program is specially designed based on the patient's needs and situation.

I never got to experience the magnets on the belly because I wasn't 280lbs like the link below:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxWOtF5HSAM]YouTube - Beautiful Girls by Dr. Gordon Chiu[/ame]

Let me know how you do.

I spent a fair amount of $$$ in this place when I was an exchange student in HK a few years back. Dont remember the specific amounts or how often I went or for how long a period of time.

They used three techniques on me, one was a manual "push tummy" massage, that hurt a bit and was supposedly meant to physically break down the fat tissue structures. Then there was a heat treatment to make me sweat, and while it was not a sauna, it should have the same effect. Then there were the electric machines that applied shocks to your belly, supposedly to stimulate the muscles.

They also gave me dietary guidelines (nothing fancy, just basic common sense), and it might have had to do with the money and time I was already spending that made me really watch my diet.

The results were mixed, I would say. Optically not as impressive, no six-pack, probably should have worked out more and not just reduce the fat. I do remember that I must have lost weight quite impressively because my pants became fairly loose during that time. When I returned to the US I could hardly believe the low weight that I had reached, to the point that I thought the scales were broken or I had not measured correctly or one pound in HK is different from the US.

So I don't consider it a complete failure, and not a resounding success either, but maybe not bad for some weeks/few months going there maybe two or three times a week. I still like the idea that if I am ever in HK again with time and money on my hand I'd try it once more...

Last edited by lppllp; 20-08-2008 at 10:02 AM. Reason: At first was just a test message, now a legit posting

hi lppllp thanks for your input & welcome to geoexpat

My greatest benefit was my anger levels went down substantially and like yourself I lost weight. My % body fat went down too. There was a situps session that I was supposed to engage where my right elbow would touch my left knee while lying on a pilates ball.

Unfortunately, I had low back problems so I could not do this part but I still lost all that weight. I figured with the money back policy what could I lose right? The office also had physically handicapped coming in and they had a special weight loss program for them and wrapping neodyn (not sure about the spelling) around them.