Equipment rental for movie production?

Closed Thread

Equipment rental for movie production?

Dear GeoExpat,

This is my first post here! There will certainly be more!

Today I'm inquiring about the rental of equipment. I'll be doing a short film, and will be looking to rent some lighting equipment - not super high-end stuff, as this will mainly be an enthusiast project. Oh, and some other things (listed below).

I'm in pre-production right now, so I'd like to best prepare myself ready for shooting once it comes around.

I'll be using a Canon EOS 5D Mark II as well as a Canon EOS 7D for the shoots.

I'll be looking to rent:

- Lighting equipment
    - Fluid head tripod
    - Some type of steadicam or something that'll get me alright to shoot on the move (I believe they would have to fit DSLR's)
    - Rail system or some ingenious thingamabob that can let me pan with precision
    - Audio / Sound capturing device with XLR input
    - Mic
    - Boom pole (maybe)

I'll be using these for no more than a few days.

Most shooting will occur around Sai Wan Ho. I'd prefer a rental place on Hong Kong Island, but not necessary. If you know any place that can help with anything, please do let me know!

Last edited by turtlewax_15; 06-01-2010 at 02:52 AM.

There is a place above Delaneys in Wanchai.

Equipment Rental

try to call Tim from Rent A Pro in wanchai.

location map

Quote Originally Posted by blanche_moi:
    try to call Tim from Rent A Pro in wanchai.

location map
    I can't decide whether that's a great name or an awful name for a business based in Lockhart Road...

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    I can't decide whether that's a great name or an awful name for a business based in Lockhart Road...
    No beating around the bush with that name...

Hi,

I've been looking for a Canon 5D steadicam mount in Hong Kong but haven't had much success. I've called up Rent-A-Pro and they don't have any. They then referred me to another company that does have steadicams but not for the Canon 5D. I was wondering if anyone knew of any place that supplies a steadicam suited for the 5D. Please let me know. Thank you!