Interior Paint

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Interior Paint

I am looking for a place to purchase interior wall paint. Not the bland colors all the designers give you but bright, rich vibrant colors for our walls, deep reds, bright greens etc.

I have talked to about 10 different people and all they want to give me are dull pastel colors which I am totally not interested in. I am not going to pay someone over 20K to paint my 1300 sq foot flat either.

So I need to know what shops have a very large variety of colors to choose from where I can just purchase it myself. I can hire out someone to paint the walls - it is not THAT hard!

Any help would be appreciated - getting pretty frustrated!

all of the hardware shops will sell it. you just need to ask to see their colour templates. you may also have to wait a week or so for them to order it in.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Or you can try China Paints which can provide 600 different colours through mixing, although not for all products.

China Paint - Products

As Carang said- people don't generally buy pre-mixed colours off the shelf. You choose a specific colour from a paint chart and the store mixes it for you.

The only store I know the location of is on Hollywood Rd and Aberdeen Street. There are proably a slew of them around Wan Chai.

Quote Originally Posted by CPT:
    I am looking for a place to purchase interior wall paint. Not the bland colors all the designers give you but bright, rich vibrant colors for our walls, deep reds, bright greens etc.

I have talked to about 10 different people and all they want to give me are dull pastel colors which I am totally not interested in. I am not going to pay someone over 20K to paint my 1300 sq foot flat either.
    We have always used Nippon paint, which has been very durable, and had a giggle about the lack of personality, when it comes to the average HK apartment and interior designers. Not very adventurous, are they.

We used the same red as pictured on the websites main page, ( listed below ) as a feature wall in our lounge, which really lifts the place and matches our blend of neoclassical and contemporary furniture and fixtures, which are largely Earthy tones. If matched/married up right, it can really lift a rooms dynamic, giving it a very warm, homely feel, eliminating that HK hospital ward look, that so many apartments seem to suffer from..

Nippon Paint Website and click here >> Nippon Paint to locate a Nippon paint shop, nearest you.
    Last edited by Skyhook; 11-01-2010 at 05:55 PM.

China Paint does not offer colour mixing in HK. Thanks thouth.

Thanks - we are going to Mong Kok today to try and get some unique colors mixed. I don't expect to buy the off the shelf color in fact I would love something mixed - especially for the baby's room which we are trying to match to what we had back home - to match the bedding and curtains which we brought with us. Hopefully Nippon or Dulux will be able to match something up nice for us. Thanks for the tip!!

The issue is that the paint shops only have the bland colors to choose from which is what i don't want. I can't find anyone with an nice red or very warm brown or deep green color.

Don't go to the local hardware/paint stores...most sell poor quality China Paint/Flower brands...use Nippon as suggested or Dulux. The key (for Dulux) is to go to a Dulux Colour Solution Centre store, where they do the mixing in front of you, and have all the palettes available. They are scattered throughout Hong Kong including Mongkok.

ICI Dulux Hong Kong

Last edited by timklip; 12-01-2010 at 10:29 AM.

i get dulux and nippon from the neighbourhood shop... but i have to ask for it.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast