King size Bed from Ikea

King size Bed from Ikea

Hi All,

I have to move my apartment and the new apartment has only got 6 feet (width) by 6.5 feet (length) exactly. There is a fixed wardrobe and hence I have to fit a new bed frame in that size only.

I cant go for a smaller bed and I am 6'2" and we currently are used to our 6 feet by 6.5" bed (which I would have to sell as the bedframe is bigger than the space available).

i tried to find online but really cant find any info. Please if anybody has the knowledge, can you please tell me the bed frame size of the biggest available size in Ikea.

Thanks a lot!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Ikea in Hong Kong have only just started selling full-sized beds again. It used to sell mattresses at 200cm length but decided to only sell the 189cm length ones across Asia.

We went looking in Ikea for a new one when we found out that they had the 200cm mattress back again (my OH is about the same height as you). But, according to the rather unhelpful staff member, there is only one bedframe for the 200cm mattress. She could have been incorrect but we didn't have further 20 minutes to find another staff member.

Best bet is to either go in there and ask (not a certain female on the mattress counter/desk). Or call.

ok thanks. will do so. my main worry is not only the length but the width as well

i need a 200cm in length but the width should be exaclt 180 cm (the width of the bedframe i mean)
    i hope they have a 200 cm (+-5 cm) X 180 cm bedframe (& mattress)

Sorry I can't remember the name of the frame to help you out. But I do remember the mattress was not on top of the base, but rested inside so the frame was wider than the mattress. I just thought how awkward it would be to change the sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Sorry I can't remember the name of the frame to help you out. But I do remember the mattress was not on top of the base, but rested inside so the frame was wider than the mattress. I just thought how awkward it would be to change the sheets.
    It's called Engan, available in Europe up to size 200 x 180 but actual dimensions are 205 x 185 cm.

Quote Originally Posted by bsc1280:
    ok thanks. will do so. my main worry is not only the length but the width as well

i need a 200cm in length but the width should be exaclt 180 cm (the width of the bedframe i mean)
    i hope they have a 200 cm (+-5 cm) X 180 cm bedframe (& mattress)
    Not sure if the above mentioned one fits since it's 5 cm wider and if it is actually available here in HK.

Have you considered getting a frame custom-made?

fth

Ikea catalogue is here

IKEA

Just remember the bed-frame is larger than the matress

Just an fyi, the catalogue does not contain all items available in Hong Kong.

Thanks all. I am going to visit Ikea and check with them if they would have this for me.

hopefully i will find something there as I dont want to spend a lot on this.

Thanks again

I would say you go to Sogo or WingOn (any other main department store) and tryout other brands like Slumberland/Simmons etc. Ikea's bed/mattress size are pretty proprietary and weird.

ok i will check there too. I am going to , hopefully, finalize this over the weekend.....thanks!