Like Tree4Likes

Good deal. Need advice

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

This is the advantage of Dubai: no taxes (at least for a while). So I can bring as much/many as i want. But what you guys think about selling something from Dubai (spices, shisha, carpets...)?

I lived in Dubai before moving to HK and found that DBX was cheaper compared to HK for many items, electronics included. Obviously that's a blanket statment and there will be items in HK that are not available or cheaper than in DBX.

I would also say that if you're basing your business plan on statements made on this forum then maybe you should have a rethink. Before you even start, you'd need to research the market in Dubai (ie: find out what's wanted and prices these items are sold in DBX) then find wholesalers or suppliers in HK. I think DBX is also easy going with import duties, but customs may ask questions if you come through with, say, 10 mobile phones in your suitcase.

Agreed with Katiedot. What I did was just a little side hobby that started because I had lots of friends back home that kept asking me to buy stuff for them because it was much cheaper here. Then I added a few more on ebay and made a bit on the side.

But I would not do this full time and would not think of it as a real business. I hope you have a real job too.

Of course I am not going to dedicate all my time to it. I just have chance to travel cheap to South East Asia from Dubai. And that is the reason why i don't want to deal with cargo - due to my work I simply would have no time for customs clearance and distribution.

I am currently studying local market. I understand that in my case I need to deal with the qualities not quantities. I have some orders from few Dubai computer stores already. So when I will be in Hong Kong very soon I will have chance to compare the prices...