Like Tree1Likes

anyone bought from eCox before?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

anyone bought from eCox before?

Hi,

We are looking to purchase a number of home appliances (doing major reno) and wondered if anyone has had any experience buying from eCox? Our contractor has told us not to buy from there, especially ex-display stock, because even though eCox claim that all stocks come with warranty from the original supplier, our contractor says that's not true and no warranty will be given. Has anyone bought normal or ex-display stock from eCox before and had any issues with warranties?

Thank you, any shared experiences would be most helpful!

I've bought a load of stuff from there and I don't know where your contractor gets his information.

I can't comment on the validity of the warranty because I haven't had the need to exercise it yet, but I can say that the warranty forms are included with the purchase and have to be returned to the original manufacturer/distributor within 14 days of purchase - standard stuff I have found when buying many things in HK.

I'm really happy with the stuff I've got from there including a hitachi solfege fridge, whirlpool microwave, smeg hood, siemens gas hob etc.

Never bought ex-display stock, only brand new.

boulgom likes this.

Thanks Pekkerhead, appreciate your info. What you said makes sense so I'll have a serious look at the stuff in eCox.

Cheers!

Made 2 purchases from eCox and cannot recommend them highly enough.

The last purchase was 2 Daikin split Air Conditioners. The purchase delivery and installation process was outstanding.

One of the units had a small fault discovered during installation. eCox arranged Daikin to visit for a warranty repair 3 hours after the fault was discovered!

Linda at eCox is outstanding and I would certainly use them again.

Thanks Mile High - it's really helpful to know.

Cheers!

Main home appliances purchased there as well - think I recommended them once in this forum too.

I only brought new items, no ex-display and they come with normal manufacturer warranty. Items purchased there are still working fine, unlike some items purchased at Jusco... 2 out of 2 appliances needed servicing within the 1st year.

I remember the staff at Ecox were knowledgeable about each appliance and listing the pro/cons comparisons.

Just done major renovation works too and bought all our appliances from eCox. Their service has been good and, as Pekkerhead said, all the warranty documentation is in the boxes.

Maybe your Contactor has another supplier he's trying to push?

Last edited by notmyaisle; 23-02-2010 at 09:16 AM.

Are eCox any cheaper than somewhere like Fortress?

If doing major renovations, the Moneyback points or whatever promotion system they have at Fortress can really pay off.

On some items yes, since they are a small outfit in HK they have to be attractive in price. You can select the model # of the home appliance and email them to see if they can get it cheaper then these big distributers.

I brought my home appliances from 3 places - Broadway; Jusco and Ecox. Oh just remembered the Reno. guy came cheaper with a couple items too.

Last edited by hkken569; 24-02-2010 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Added a 4th

Wow, thanks everyone, this is great. Will definitely get stuff from eCox now. After all, they have a really good range whereas Fortress don't even seem to have built-in ovens!

cheers!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast