Buying walmart items in hong kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

carang, it was just a weak joke about how everything in Wal-mart USA is made in China.

sorry... i missed my smiley face at the end...

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    keep in mind though, the walmart in SZ caters for chinese... it is NOT the walmart of america....not by a mile.
    Very, very true. Mainland Wal Mart is sort of like the discount version of US Wal Mart. (Seems ironic...) But, it does make sense. All the cheap and good quality products are exported to Wal Marts in the US, while China has the cheap, decent and sometimes shoddy products. I doubt you'd find air fresheners like that in any Mainland Wal Mart but I know that you can get lots of different flavors and scents of air fresheners that you just set down in a room here in HK. Almost every taxi I've taken lately has had one (and they make me gag...). What is even more popular and pretty easy to get here is a timed air freshener that sprays a scent every hour or few. They are in many of the toilets here and I know some people have them in their house. Having said that, I do agree that air fresheners contain chemicals that are toxic and carcinogenic and with how bad HK air is nowadays, who would you want to suffer?