Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cow1201
  • 1 Post By Michelle2009

Dehumidifier brand ?

Closed Thread

Dehumidifier brand ?

Hi All,

Need suggestion on the brand of dehumidifier we should buy and also the capacity.

We have rented out a place in Mid levels which I understand has higher humidity. Flat is around 650 sq ft. - 2 BHK. My main concern is kitchen which has lots of grocery stock stored from my home country, and next my clothes in the wardrobe.

Should I buy 1 machine and place it in living room or should I buy 2 small ones both for kitchen and bedroom ?

Also do the silica boxes, charcoal boxes work well ?

yes why not! we have 2 humidifiyers - 1 for the bathroom and 1 for the living room when we dont want to turn the air con on or need to dry our clothes and sheets indoor

we have a random brands which noone has ever heard of... but relatives been recommending mitsubushi

not use silica box or charcoal b4 so cant comment sorry but i think dehumidifyer sld be fine

Last edited by cow1201; 14-03-2010 at 11:25 AM.
    newgirl likes this.

My current landlord has supplied me with two Whirlpool dehumidifiers but they are nowhere near as good as the Rowenta I bought from Fortress three years ago on recommendations from two different friends. The Rowenta was certainly sufficient for my previous flat in Mid Levels which was a 650sqft, 2 bed and I used to leave it on in the living room with all the windows closed and the bedrooms and kitchen doors open. I think I paid about 2K for the Rowenta and I think it was money well spent.

newgirl likes this.