Art village/area in Shenzhen?

Closed Thread

Art village/area in Shenzhen?

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows the name/location of the 'art' area/village in Shenzhen? Its where you can buy local art or copies. And apparently they will copy anything for you too.

I've heard about it from someone I met out one night but unfortunately he scribbled details when drunk -and I can't read his writing!! Its looks like Da Fuh or Da Fun maybe...?

I've googled to no avail so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

From http://english.sz.gov.cn/lis/200509/t508.htm

Dafen Painting Village

Located in Buji Sub-district of Longgang District, it covers 4 square kilometers. A Hong Kong painting businessman Huang Jiang came to settle down in the village in 1989 with dozens of painters. They rent houses to deal with painting productions and sales, attracting more painters here. There are 305 businesses here, more than 3,000 painters and 700 workshops.

Its sales volume surged to a record 140 million yuan in 2004, successfully introducing Chinese cultural products to the world.

Brilliant - thanks for that. You are clearly a better googler than me.

getting to DAFEN PAINTING VILLAGE

[SIZE="2"]
    If we're coming from Lo Wu Commerical Plaza, what is the best way to get there? Bus? Cab? How long is the travel time to get there?

Thanks

]

It's easiest to take a cab. It takes about 20-25min and costs about 50 yuan.