Vegetarian mince

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vegetarian mince

Hi,
    I want to buy some vegetarian mince ( to be used for chilli, spag bol etc). Has anyone seen where I could get this. No luck in City Super, although they have a good vege section.
    thankyou!

Oliver's.

City Super in IFC has it- at the back to the right of the wine section. Great also has it, as does Wellcome sometimes. When you see it you should buy it as it doesn't stay in the shops long.

how about veg sausages? anyone seen those around? or veg burgers or patties? or any Quorn products?

Went down Park n Shop yesterday and they had great new range of fresh veg dim sum, not frozen type. they were really nice, and cheap. so pretty happy about that. just hope they stock them permanently...

bbc--

only seen qorn at olivers. the other stuff has been spotted at all the shops.

Im a vege and I buy my vege sausages and burgers from Olivers and City Super, some are a bit tastless so you just have to try them out, Im tending to make my own burgers now. You can get the vege mince sometimes in the frozen vege section of City Super it may be Linda McCartney brand. Which I think is the best. Haven't seen quorn though.
    You may want to go to LIFE CAFE sometime. They do some great vegetarian and vegan organic food.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi:
    You may want to go to LIFE CAFE sometime. They do some great vegetarian and vegan organic food.
    But its damn expensiive though! $100 for a vege burger and a few wedges! ouch

Forget Life cafe, it's a rip-off. The best vegetarian/vegan restaurant is the Bookworm Cafe on Lamma. It's been there for years and is great food at great food at great value- bit of a trek if you live on the dark side though!

You can buy Quorn in City Super IFC but again, only sometimes.

success

Successfully got vegemince in Great today. Thank you for your help everyone!

Was it the dry one? If so, rehydrate it in tomato juice not water- it tastes so much better once you cook it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast