Like Tree1Likes

Where to buy electric hot plate

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    I am using the first one, or it looks pretty close to the one I am using.
    It has a timer and and a power button and bunch of other options. The way it works is, (if used with correct metal), you press the timer and then press power, it is automatically programmed to 2000 mins(?) and then one can lower that time if one wants. But, there's only one circle/hotplate/option-to-heat-one-vessel and not four.
    Just to nitpick a bit, I'm pretty sure the 2000 is for Watts.

I'm pretty sure you are right!

I've been fascinated by this thread - I didn't realise these things existed. Reading the 'pros' it seems like "safety" and a "cool hob" are the main advantages.. wtf? You give up being able to cook properly for a 'cool hob'? There must be more to it than that, surely? With Gunsnroses single circle, how does he have one thing on a fast boil and another pot on a slow simmer at the same time? Is that even possible?

My last place had an induction hob only I didn't know what one was back then and when it wasn't working with my pans the landlord got the guy who had installed it to come and repair it. 45 minutes of taking things apart, putting them back together, phone calls, etc. he suddenly realised it was my pans.

Guns - if you go to somewhere like Wing On, it will tell you on the boxes whether the pans are suitable for induction hobs or not.

MI07 - you're right - safer to use, but I'm back to gas now and so much happier for it!

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I'm pretty sure you are right!

I've been fascinated by this thread - I didn't realise these things existed. Reading the 'pros' it seems like "safety" and a "cool hob" are the main advantages.. wtf? You give up being able to cook properly for a 'cool hob'? There must be more to it than that, surely? With Gunsnroses single circle, how does he have one thing on a fast boil and another pot on a slow simmer at the same time? Is that even possible?
    The life of a single man.
    No, it's not possible to have to pots on that, just one, which is ok if I have cook just for myself. But, if guests are coming, then it takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by ArKay:
    My last place had an induction hob only I didn't know what one was back then and when it wasn't working with my pans the landlord got the guy who had installed it to come and repair it. 45 minutes of taking things apart, putting them back together, phone calls, etc. he suddenly realised it was my pans.

Guns - if you go to somewhere like Wing On, it will tell you on the boxes whether the pans are suitable for induction hobs or not.

MI07 - you're right - safer to use, but I'm back to gas now and so much happier for it!
    Thanks Arkay, I'll check out wingon, it seemd the best bet.