Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jayinhongkong

Where can I buy a cheap backpack in Wan Chai/CWB?

Closed Thread

Where can I buy a cheap backpack in Wan Chai/CWB?

Hi,

I'm just looking for a cheap daypack, only needs to carry camera, water, towel etc for day trips at the weekend. Would there be somewhere on Wan Chai market I could pick one up, or are there any shops in Wan Chai/CWB which would be better?

Any advice would be appreciated?!

If you want something cheap, the street stalls are the place to look. Cheap backpacks are all over hong kong- it's finding the high quality ones that is more difficult.

Oh ok, so if I pop to the market in Wan Chai on my way home from work tonight I'll be fine to find one? Thanks!

There are a few shops near 298 Hennessy Road that have cheap backpacks. You can walk back to Johnston Road too--quite a few more shops there too.

pmt1tlh likes this.

If the vendors are open, yeah. You can find cheap packs in crappy mom and pop stores all over HK, you don't need to specifically go to Wan Chai.

I've seen them for $15. Not in Wan Chai specifically, just as I was wandering around randomly in Quarry Bay one weekend.

Thanks - the only reason I said Wan Chai is it's on my way home from work, figured if I could get one whilst walking home from work then I don't have to waste too much time looking for one!

If you are using it for hiking then be aware that you do get what you pay for! If you hike in summer, you need to carry several litres of water and that starts to get heavy. Cheap packs will sweat on your back and not be very comfy for carrying heavier loads. they will also fall apart after a few uses - zips break, seams come undone etc etc.

A decent pack from a proper hiking store will last for years, as well as being comfortable and well designed.

Buy in Wanchai, yes there is one

Footwear Supermarket, they sell footwear plus many outdoor gears as well.

G/F 31 Johnston Road, Wanchai, HK

If this is not Wanchai, they hae one in Sheung Wan too.

Chelseaorange

Quote Originally Posted by pmt1tlh:
    Hi,

I'm just looking for a cheap daypack, only needs to carry camera, water, towel etc for day trips at the weekend. Would there be somewhere on Wan Chai market I could pick one up, or are there any shops in Wan Chai/CWB which would be better?

Any advice would be appreciated?!

You can get quite a variety of backpacks on Johnston Road--if you're heading there later you'll see what I mean.