Mexican Food!!

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14

Taco Truck rocks, and the owner and cook are great! They brought in a Mexican cook from the US. IMO the best Tex Mex you're going to get in HK at any price, and their prices are very reasonable for what you get!

I might head out there later...

have you ever eaten Mexican food? seriously, you think Agave is real mexican?

Quote Originally Posted by Lammarite:
    OK, as I'm a pedantic bugger, I shall say one thing: the Mexican in SoHo is not I Caramba as many people say, it is merely Caramba which means....Crikey!. In Spanish, when something is exclaimed they put an inverted exclamation mark in front of the word or sentence as well as a regular one after. They do the same with a question mark for a.....errr......question.

Agave is the only 'real' Mexican in town as the Chef is Mejicano y los ingredientes come from Mejico. The others are Tex-Mex

Can I 'wake up' this thread and ask if there are any updates on Mexican food in hk?

Where can I get some good Horchata?!! I'm dying here...

I can't seem to find any good horchata here on HK island... any ideas?

Taco Truck does it, but I heard the Central branch is nowhere near as good as their original Quarry Bay branch so you may want to head to QB instead.

i vote for tequila! they do awesome set lunch and i go there for proper margaritas too

Thanks ScotchDrinker for the tip! I stopped by the Taco Truck in QB and they do indeed have horchata!... It was a tad bit sweeter than I hoped but I'm just thrilled to be able satisfy my pregnancy cravings. Many thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchDrinker:
    Taco Truck does it, but I heard the Central branch is nowhere near as good as their original Quarry Bay branch so you may want to head to QB instead.
    I've only been to the Central branch, it was not good.

Taco Truck was great back when they had just opened their first shop in QB. They really put a lot of effort into it back then, and it showed.

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14