Hi-Fi Speakers

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Great write up & yes B&W speakers are on the warm side.
    It sounds like you only visited 1 shop? and in central where the price will be alot more than say mong kok.
    My advice to people looking for high end speakers is this:Visit a bunch of shops and haggle alittle, there is in most cases some great deals to be had, also for expats you should consider the 2nd hand market as most will leave after a couple of years enyway.
    Will.

Just a correction of my previous post:

The building with floors and floors of small hi-fi stores near Dundas street in Mong Kok is
    添置商業中心
    Grandcastle Commercial Building
    2T Sai Yeung Choi Street South

All sorts of exotic stuff in there.

Wow, you dug out a 4 years old post.....

Quote Originally Posted by neither3nor4:
    Just a correction of my previous post:

The building with floors and floors of small hi-fi stores near Dundas street in Mong Kok is
    添置商業中心
    Grandcastle Commercial Building
    2T Sai Yeung Choi Street South

All sorts of exotic stuff in there.

does this place selling hifi stuff still exist?

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    does this place selling hifi stuff still exist?
    Yes it does. Was there to check out the Acoustic Energy dealer yesterday and almost every floor in the building has a shop that carries some pretty esoteric hi-fi stuff.

Speaking of AE, is there a better place to buy the AE Aego M? The distributor wanted almost 2500HKD for it. That's overpriced cos I can get it in Singapore for about 300SGD (1650HKD).

Quote Originally Posted by guinness:
    Speaking of AE, is there a better place to buy the AE Aego M? The distributor wanted almost 2500HKD for it. That's overpriced cos I can get it in Singapore for about 300SGD (1650HKD).
    Is that the one? Else give them a call and ask for the location of dealers.
    (Though you should also ask for the suggested retail price so that you know if the dealer is trying to rob you blind.)

Reminds me of the time I spotted some Dynaudio speakers I wanted in Singapore; if transportation / customs hadn't been an issue I would have bought them since the price was hard to beat elsewhere. Ended up with some Monitor Audio instead (still have them).