Wholefood/Organic Products in HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wholefood/Organic Products in HK

Hello!!
    Where can I buy Wholefood, Organic food, Organic Shampoo,organic conditioner etc?
    How much does it cost?

I mean this kind of product which are environment- friendly, ecologically sensitive and bio-degradable.

Is there the danger, that vegetables are manured with human excrements in HK?

I would enjoy any help of you...
    thanks
    Anna

>> Is there the danger, that vegetables are manured with human excrements in HK?

No. organic farming do not need to use it.

But there is a danger that you bought organic vegetables that are not really organic. Cheated by the seller.

Quote Originally Posted by An-na-nas:
    Hello!!
    Where can I buy Wholefood, Organic food, Organic Shampoo,organic conditioner etc?
    How much does it cost?

Is there the danger, that vegetables are manured with human excrements in HK?
    For the food one possibility is the restauarnt/shop called Life beside the escalator just beow Staunton Street.

What is the issue with human excrement? Is it somehow better or worse than pig/cow/buffalo/any other kind of excrement?

You can buy organic food at Great in Pacific Plac and City Super and all the health food shops around town. Check out the directory on this site because the places usually aren't on street level so you need to know where to go. Not sure about the hair products but these places are your best option.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrindavan:
    >> Is there the danger, that vegetables are manured with human excrements in HK?

No. organic farming do not need to use it.

But there is a danger that you bought organic vegetables that are not really organic. Cheated by the seller.
    I heard that most the fish here comes from t' rivers across the border which are pumped full of every kinda waste you can imagine (human and non)

The bigger supermarkets in the pricyer locations (i..e City Super, the Wellcome in the Belchers etc) stock a small range of organic stuff, but like europe its about 3times as expensive

If anyone is interested in looking into organic gardening..I'd be happy to help get you started!

www.aussieorganics.com is a good start online. There is an organic farm on Lamma where you can go and pick your own. There is also a good organic vegetable/juice place on the ground floor of China Resources building in Wanchai.

Quorn

Yeah i went to the one in Lamma, you get to pick your own veggies. They even have all sort of fresh herbs such as basil, rosemary etc, a lot cheaper than City Super.

By the way, do you guys know where i can get QUORN in Hong Kong? It's a fungus-based food product use as a meat substitute. I'm not a vegetarian myself but I'm starting to worry what kinda meat they put into my burger cos it just doesnt taste right.

You can get Quorn occasionally in City Super, right next to the 're-mortgage everything you own to shop here' stand.

>>What is the issue with human excrement? Is it somehow better or worse than pig/cow/buffalo/any other kind of excrement?

i certainly prefer grass-fed animals than junk food eating humans (including chemicals, meat, cigarettes and pills)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast