Watching World Cup Football in Kennedy Town

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Watching World Cup Football in Kennedy Town

Hi all,

I've just moved into a new apartment in Kennedy Town but currently have not hooked up any TV to watch the rest of the World Cup.

I had a quick walk around Kennedy Town last night but could not find any bars in which to watch any football. Actually I could not find any bars at all !

Can anyone help ?

Thanks
    Rick

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

Au contraire, Rick...

There are a few bars in Kennedy Town. (2 to be exact) The first is called K1 Bar,and it's located on Cadogan Street. You'll find it when you go all the way to the end of Belcher's St and turn left (the tram will turn right) as soon as it ends.

The other is Q Place which is located on Forbes Street which you'll get to if you walk up Cadogan Street and turn left and walk a little. It will be on your left.

As for the question about whether or not do they show live World Cup soccer matches,........you'll have to go there to find out.

Hi Max,

Thanks for the tips ! I'll be checking these places out sometime in the next few days/nights :-)

Rgds
    Rick

Max the KTK Guru ........

Unfortunately, K1 doesn't have a TV, so they don't show the World Cup matches. Q does show them, but from what I've heard, there is usually quite the queue (how appropriate, eh?) to get in to watch them... you would have to get there pretty early to watch the matches.

Q Report

Hi all,

I decided to check out Q last night.

The place seems quite nice and friendly although does feel more like a restaurant than a bar. There are a number of small screen TVs and one large projection screen. Last night I watched the Portugal vs Mexico game which was quite exciting. By the time the game started most of the tables were taken so I can confirm that it is wise to turn up early. The air-conditioning was not working too great which made it a little hot in there.

What I was not aware of initially was that there is a minimum charge of HKD 70 per person to watch any game. So when two of us got up to leave at half time we were presented with a bill of HKD 140 for drinking two beers. After being told that there was a minimum charge we then felt obliged to drink a few more beers to make sure we were getting our moneys worth !

And if you are thinking of eating there the prices are quite high (around the HKD 120 for a main course). So for now I would suggest that it is not a bad place (especially if it is the only one) to watch a World Cup game although I would probably not choose to eat there (even though quite a few people were).

Rgds
    Rick

are any of the apartment buildings showing the games?

Hi!

I live in Kennedy Town, but always take the bus to Wan Chai to whatch the games. It's more fun and there are lots of options. If you are whatching one of the very late games, the maney you spent in drinks in Q could pay you the taxi.

Last night we went to watch the Brazil vs. Ghana at Amici in Wai Chai, but we have also been before to Thyphoon.

Well, if you really like footbal, suggest to go somewhere else then Kennedy Town for more option and lively places.

Hi,

I live in Kennedy Town, but always take the bus to Wan Chai to whatch the games. It's more fun and there are lots of options. If you are whatching one of the very late games, the maney you spent in drinks in Q could pay you the taxi.

Last night we went to watch the Brazil vs. Ghana at Amici in Wai Chai, but we have also been before to Thyphoon.

Well, if you really like footbal, suggest to go somewhere else then Kennedy Town for more option and lively places.

Quote Originally Posted by Monica Borges:
    Hi,

kennedy town definately doesnt have the atmosphere to watch the games, especially this world cup seeing as it's coming out to be duller than watching mating habits of sloths lol

wan chai would be the place to go, or lan kwai (whiskey priest is packed normally with lots of cheering about) - heck whiskey priest should pay me seeing as how much i've pimped them out during the cup LOL

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast