Like Tree19Likes

How to keep your things in place in Hong Kong when you leave for another country?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

l have a storage room in wellington NZ.
    Still paying dispiite not needing the stuff for 5plus yrs but too much effort to fly down and deal with it. Better to sell. voice of experience here!!!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Yes, considering you say you are unlikely to return, what's the point of paying many times over the value of your furniture, etc., to store it? Sell it, put the money to good use in your move, and on the off chance that you ever do return you can easily get new/used stuff. If you've got something of such high personal/sentimental value that you can't imagine life without it, take it with you.

Same with the Mac. Why not back-up everything to a portable HD and sell the massive hardware? There may of course be other reasons you wish to keep the one you have, but shipping stuff is expensive and worrisome. Unless you pay the exorbitant fees of a FedEx to get rush shipping, it's a couple of months before your shipment arrives by container. I hazard a guess that FedExing your Mac would cost you in the range of at least $1000CDN, because that's what they wanted to ship a chair. You computer probably weighs more so would cost more. (I could be way off, just going on my limited experience).

My point is: sell it all, avoid the hassle/worry/expense, and start fresh in your new location.

Last edited by KateInHongKong; 07-07-2012 at 03:25 PM.

If its not a huge amount of things investigate getting extra luggage on your flight compared to sending all your stuff via a relocator.