Like Tree1Likes

Getting Rid of Unwanted Household Items

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Getting Rid of Unwanted Household Items

Can anyone suggest someone who can come to my place and take away a pile of unwanted household items ranging from furniture, bedding, old clothes, crockery, utensils, pots and pans, etc. I just want to get rid of it all.

Thanks Drumbrake. Some is probably OK for Salvation Army but lots of stuff just junk so I still need someone to take away all the stuff that no one is going to want.

If the Salvation Army is anything like the one in Singapore they are extremely fussy. I had some usable stuff, including a 3-seater sofa, which they refused to take because it wasn't in brand new condition (I said "well if it was I would be selling it not donating it!). Put it on the classified ad section on here (or other site ), will get snapped up in no time.

Joseph098765 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    they refused to take because it wasn't in brand new condition
    Beggars can't be choosers! You're already giving it away for free, they should take what they can get

Quote Originally Posted by avengedsevenfold:
    Beggars can't be choosers! You're already giving it away for free, they should take what they can get
    Exactly. I gave them an earful but from the sound of the response I think they were used to it.

I used a moving service that also did disposals as well.

Contact Steve at [email protected]

Salvation Army and similar organisations can be selective but I can understand that they are not a removal service for other people's junk.

Rani, your suggestion sounds like the type of person I'm after.

Quote Originally Posted by terryd:
    Salvation Army and similar organisations can be selective but I can understand that they are not a removal service for other people's junk.

Rani, your suggestion sounds like the type of person I'm after.
    Um the point I was making was that it wasn't junk I was trying to give them. The Filipina lady who eventually took the sofa off me refused to take it for free and gave me equivalent of 100 quid for it, she (and several other people) couldn't believe the SA turned it down.

Yes, sorry Sue. I think my stuff, although not really junk, is not in the same category as what you're describing - maybe a couple of items of OK furniture and the rest is second-hand household clutter etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast