Relocating to the UK

Closed Thread

Relocating to the UK

Hi,

I'm moving back to the UK in a few months, and want a bit of advice on relocating. I got my stuff sent over by a company provided by my employers on the way here, but will have to arrange it myself for going back - are there any good companies to use/bad to avoid? from what I've read people are recommending Asian tigers or Santa Fe? What sort of costs should i be looking at - I'm only sending about 4 boxes of personal bits and bobs, no electronics and clothes.

Will I need to buy boxes etc and pack my stuff and then they come and pick it up? How far in advance should I be booking it in?

thanks!

Movers will do as much (or as little) as you want to pay for. For four boxes only, you're looking at a shared container, which to the UK shouldn't be too hard for them to fill. Sorry, I don't know the costs off-hand, but it will probably be quoted on a cubic-foot basis. I had to send some stuff back to the UK recently and used SwiftRelo (also got quotes from AT and AE). They took care of everything (packing in HK and unpacking in UK) and needed about a week in advance to arrange it. Good luck.

Could you just do excess baggage on your flight? Varies by airline but on some you can take like 8 extra suitcase / bags.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsix:
    Could you just do excess baggage on your flight? Varies by airline but on some you can take like 8 extra suitcase / bags.
    +1 this could be an idea, virgin atlantic does excess baggage at fairly reasonable rates (nothing like the usury others charge).

Another vote for Swift Relo, have been collecting quotes recently and found them efficient and easy to deal with.

Used swift relo a year ago and they were the cheapest for the quotation from 3 quotes. Good service. I suggest you use them.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsix:
    Sometimes upgrading to business class is cheaper than purchasing excess luggage.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks Mobile

Original Post Deleted
    Not sure about us but a lot of our belongings are.