Like Tree1Likes

International Moving Companies

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

International Moving Companies

I'm moving back to the UK. Can anyone recommend good international movers? I have a quote from Allied Pickfords and it seems very high but are they worth it?

Have you personally used them? I've checked their website and they don't have a UK office.

I've been back and forth from uk twice and used Baltrans. They will use a local agent to do the uk end. They gave best price and Ricky the team leader assuming he is still there was fantastic. Allied etc are all high end doing company paid moves. Be careful with Links they are well known for quoting low and under quoting and then trying to charge extra on move day.

Quote Originally Posted by maritalt:
    Have you personally used them? I've checked their website and they don't have a UK office.
    Yes, I have used them before to move things to Europe. They will have a partner in most countries, so don't worry if they don't have an office there.

Thanks I've used Links before and never again - stuff went missing...

I used SwiftRelo. They also have an agent in the UK. I found the price reasonable. Everything went smoothly expect for UK customs, which charged me for checking my stuff... :-/

But everything arrived in one piece, including the glass table top on my coffee table.

Companies to avoid moving from the UK are Simpsons, and Crowne . We used Sante Fe which we very good, albeit a few expensive glasswares broken. Alleid pickfords we used domestically here in HK, but found a couple of weeks later, a couple of things dear to us stolen. Namely a rare bottle of expensive wine and a pair of expensive sunglasses belonging to my husband.

I'm just advising with removal companies, regardless of country of origin, you get hits n misses, the main thing seems to be theft. I don't know how these guys would know about fine wine, but it seems to be a grudge thing ( no matter how nice you are!) to steal something that would really annoy the crap out of the customer later. I always take expensive or things dear to me in my carry on luggage, or supervise and photograph all boxes with everything labeled for later proof of theft or misplacement.

Myself and several colleagues used Crown to move us from the UK to HK. They were great. No missing items, no breakages, good communication. Only issue is that they are relatively expensive (we were lucky as our company paid).

I used Santa Fe. Also they have their HQ in London but under the name Interdean.
    When choosing a removal company, check they are FIDI or even better OMNI accredited. All removal companies that have this get a very heavy audit to make sure they perform to a certain standard and quality, also they have to leave a 50,000 USD bond with FIDI and for this, it scares off most smaller companies.
    If you choose a company that doesnt have an office in the destination country then ask who their partner is on the other side.
    You could always PM me and I can tell you if they company is reliable or not. (Worked in the indusrty for many years before coming to HK).

Natfixit likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast