Withdrawing MPF and Keeping bank account

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Withdrawing MPF and Keeping bank account

Hello!
    I would be leaving HK around march/april, and I am planning on withdrawing my mpf.
    All bank accounts are with HSBC (mpf, savings, etc).
    Does anybody know if there will be a problem in asking HSBC to credit my mpf to my savings account and keeping the s/a open?

Thanks!

As TB says - no problem. You don't need to be resident to have an account with HSBC.

Also you will need a bank in case there is any refund on income tax paid from inland revenue.

thanks guys!
    good to know that i can keep the account.

Hi Guys!
    In connection with this, I hope someone can help me clarify regarding the statutory declaration (of leaving hk permanently).
    I saw on the form that I would need to put the date I stop working in HK (so that would be March 31).
    The question is, do I also need to leave HK on this date? Because my family will come here for vacation mid-april, and I'd rather not fly out and back. And I have PR status (fyi).

Quote Originally Posted by sushi:
    Hi Guys!
    In connection with this, I hope someone can help me clarify regarding the statutory declaration (of leaving hk permanently).
    I saw on the form that I would need to put the date I stop working in HK (so that would be March 31).
    The question is, do I also need to leave HK on this date? Because my family will come here for vacation mid-april, and I'd rather not fly out and back. And I have PR status (fyi).
    date to be filled in the form is not related to your actual departure date.

thanks ghkg!

It's nothing to do with when you stop working - it's when HK ceases to be your place of ordinary residence.

So you have no plan to ever work in HK again?

Again, it's not residing here that is the question.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast