Like Tree67Likes

Taking foreign spouse to UK

Reply
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
  1. #41

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Posts
    14,636

    I'm surprised at how quickly it's been... three years - whoosh!


  2. #42

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,364
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    5 bedroom detached house (one for the maid) with 3 bathrooms and use of shared swimming pool for HKD 500K! Will do until we build our planned mansion on the large (20,000 sq ft) plot of land we own. Will be thinking of you in your HK flats
    What about the typhoons? Going to invite Li Ka Shing over every time one is forecast?

  3. #43

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    25,113
    Quote Originally Posted by ray98:
    What about the typhoons? Going to invite Li Ka Shing over every time one is forecast?
    Live a long way inland so typhoons not really a problem (though they do bring flooding). Earthquakes on the other hand...... which given the current awful news is a worry.

  4. #44

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,364
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Live a long way inland so typhoons not really a problem (though they do bring flooding). Earthquakes on the other hand...... which given the current awful news is a worry.
    Ah I'd chill about earthquakes, the Phils is not that close to any regular fault lines (I think)...

  5. #45

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    14,586
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Live a long way inland so typhoons not really a problem (though they do bring flooding). Earthquakes on the other hand...... which given the current awful news is a worry.
    Seeiously Hull enjoy ur retirement. Sounds like a great choice you are making and congrats to you. Enjoy the next 20/40 years and do keep posting.
    ray98 likes this.

  6. #46

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    25,113
    Quote Originally Posted by ray98:
    Ah I'd chill about earthquakes, the Phils is not that close to any regular fault lines (I think)...
    The Philippines is a collection of fault lines (40 listed) sitting nicely on the ring of fire as it does. See the map on the attached:

    Philippines Fault Lines and Trenches - Philippine Government 28503
    Last edited by hullexile; 27-04-2015 at 08:05 PM.

  7. #47

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    25,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Seeiously Hull enjoy ur retirement. Sounds like a great choice you are making and congrats to you. Enjoy the next 20/40 years and do keep posting.
    Do you think I would ever stop
    Mat and shri like this.

  8. #48

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,364
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    The Philippines is a collection of fault lines (40 listed) sitting nicely on the ring of fire as it does. See the map on the attached:

    Philippines Fault Lines and Trenches - Philippine Government 28503
    Wow, you like where the action is don't ya

  9. #49

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    11,755
    Quote Originally Posted by ray98:
    Ah I'd chill about earthquakes, the Phils is not that close to any regular fault lines (I think)...
    Never heard of the ring of fire?

  10. #50

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,364
    Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Never heard of the ring of fire?
    Yeah I have, but only in a pornographic sense..

Reply
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast