MPF Withdrawal various questions

Closed Thread

Question MPF Withdrawal various questions

My wife and I are planning to leave HK around next March, I was wondering about a few things in preparation:

1. Receipt of MPF withdrawal I notice may contribute to yearly earnings for Tax purposes. I assume this would be calculated at the time of receipt, and so if we aim to receive the funds in April, I assume that would be exempt from the 2014/15 Tax?

2. Is it possible to take the oath and withdrawal remotely? For instance, our primary reason for wanting to withdraw would be a mortgage deposit overseas. So we have no immediate need for it, but we are anticipating the need to withdraw before physically leaving HK

3. Is it possible to withdraw partial? I note this question was asked a few times dotted around, but I never saw a conclusion.

EDIT: It's possible I'll be getting a final pay check and perhaps even continue working for my HK company past the date of departure for 1-2 months, so in that regard I suppose it's either pointless or illegal to withdraw MPF before this point, so remote withdrawal is even more desirable.

Thanks!

Last edited by carn1x; 25-06-2014 at 10:52 PM.