Like Tree7Likes

Transferring pccw account

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I'm pretty sure asking them to move the phone line to Europe or cancel the contract isn't going to work

They've already agreed to cancel it, it's just a question of whether they're going to be dicks about the penalty charge given that I've had accounts with them for years and I'm leaving hk.

My guess is they'll be dicks about it.

So do I kick up a fuss now and say I won't pay or do I just say sure, no problem, send me the bill...and then leave without paying.

shri likes this.

It's a serious question though. What happens if you move to a house in HK that PCCW does not service? Once you have your answer for that then it'll be the same answer for Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by ummbongo:
    It's a serious question though. What happens if you move to a house in HK that PCCW does not service? Once you have your answer for that then it'll be the same answer for Europe.
    It would not matter to then, just the same as if you decided to go with another company, you've broken your contract with them. It's not like they care whether the new place you moved to is not serviced by them, or if you have no money to pay, they'll still chase you for it.
    wtbhotia likes this.

PCCW is the worst company in this regard I could think of. Never ever again for me.

MABinPengChau and usehername like this.

Well I've cancelled the autopay on my credit card, so we'll see what happens next.

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    Well I've cancelled the autopay on my credit card, so we'll see what happens next.
    Run for the hills or come hide in my jungle

Does your jungle have free wifi?

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    Does your jungle have free wifi?
    Yah but the speed sucks

Regarding PCCW, I owe them HK$120, every month they send me a bill for it, i reckon I have already rec'd 20 bills so far, still waiting to go another 30 more before I even think of paying it. LOL

I think mine will be in the region of $3500+. Oh well.

Not sure what to do about the free gift though. They'll charge me for it whether or not I give it back so I may as well keep it.

Looks like the final charge will be over $5k. So just so I know, will pccw demand an address to send a final bill to, or what happens? I'm beginning to think I should just cancel the termination request and let them send me bills til they give up. But I've already told them I'm leaving.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast