Like Tree193Likes

I've HAD IT with Hong Kong... Advice? Wanna move to Singapore.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

I don't know how you guys know who is who and who leaves and comes back with new screen name.

Elegiaque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    I do know a thing or two about Singapore as I have actually lived there. How else would I be able to give the information that I had just given you about the places to live? Or the cost-of-living?
    1) Google
    2) Bing
    3) Singapore Expat Guides - House hunt guide for expat in Singapore, renting apartment or house in Singapore

As for other people's accusations against me, make up your own mind and don't listen to others. I gave pretty straightforward reasons without resorting to any kind of insults or below-the-belt attacks, and that makes me a troll?! I think you know and I know I was simply engaging in a discussion with you.
    The bridge-dweller doth protest too much, methinks
    LaowaiLulu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Ah, the usual troll shows up. Got any proof for your claims I simply googled it? Yes, I found those articles on google, but you don't seriously think I waste time researching just to provide the answers? I know precisely where to look because I already lived there so I can zero in on the results.

Now go back and crawl back into the cave you came from and lets return the discussion to where adults talk. Bye.

Ah, the usual troll shows up
    Did you miss me? I missed you
    Got any proof for your claims I simply googled it?
    I made no such claim. You asked "How else would I be able to...." and I gave 3 different possibilities how else you would be able to......
    Now go back and crawl back into the cave you came from and lets return the discussion to where adults talk. Bye.
    You're so adorable
    The discussion is pretty much over...The only thing left is people ridiculing you as usual/normal.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Did you miss me? I missed you I made no such claim. You asked "How else would I be able to...." and I gave 3 different possibilities how else you would be able to......You're so adorable
    The discussion is pretty much over...The only thing left is people ridiculing you as usual/normal.
    Of course, I miss you, you are my go-to-punching bag on geoexpat.

And those three possibilities are all made up in your mind. Dead wrong as normal. And about as likely as you not being a troll on geoexpat. The discussion was fine before you showed up to hijack it a usual and for me ridicule you as usual. Anyway, since this is how you want to go about things, next time you are having a discussion, I'll hijack yours and see what you think, or better yet, I will have a chat with the Shri about you.
    Last edited by Cho-man; 13-02-2015 at 10:47 AM.

You are perfectly entitled to your view, but I have to disagree when you think think smog is the only view you get from the top of the mountain in HK! Plenty of HK hikers, local and expats alike, have gone out and enjoyed a hike in HK. Guess you simply don't hike enough in HK to know.

Enjoy your new life in Singapore. But just know its not necessarily paradise over there either. If you think there is no air pollution in Singapore, boy, are you in for a disappointment...
    Hiking, hiking, hiking, hiking, hiking aaaaaand hiking. The go-to solution on these boards for so many problems. Don't like HK? Try hiking. What a load of BS.

Walking around HK countryparks is not everyone's cup of tea.
    Dankleness, Skyhook and LaowaiLulu like this.

How old are you people again?

Cho, you said the reasons for the OP to move are inaccurate... are you saying that the pollution is worse or just as bad in Singapore than here in HK? I agree Singapore has pollution, but surely it can't be as bad as HK.

Also, property is expensive in Singapore, but surely not as high as Hong Kong...

I don't get how the OP is inaccurate.

LaowaiLulu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    Hiking, hiking, hiking, hiking, hiking aaaaaand hiking. The go-to solution on these boards for so many problems. Don't like HK? Try hiking. What a load of BS.

Walking around HK countryparks is not everyone's cup of tea.
    And I never said it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter White:
    How old are you people again?

Cho, you said the reasons for the OP to move are inaccurate... are you saying that the pollution is worse or just as bad in Singapore than here in HK? I agree Singapore has pollution, but surely it can't be as bad as HK.

Also, property is expensive in Singapore, but surely not as high as Hong Kong...

I don't get how the OP is inaccurate.
    You should ask HowardCoombs that question, not me.

I never said there was no pollution in Singapore. That was never my point. As for housing prices, yes, marginally cheaper than HK, but my point is the OP is splitting hair if she thinks she save a bundle with housing by moving to Singapore. Because if you add in the higher cost-of-living and other misc. expenses, the bill you end up with may not really be cheaper than in HK. So moving to Singapore for cheaper housing doesn't make much sense to me. You can't really save much, if you want a comparable standard-of-living.

What I was saying was that OP should just say she likes Singapore's living environment, and screw all the other reasons. That would be fair enough to me.
    Last edited by Cho-man; 13-02-2015 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankleness:
    I don't know how you guys know who is who and who leaves and comes back with new screen name.
    They don't change posting styles and don't leave grudges behind

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast