Like Tree193Likes

I've HAD IT with Hong Kong... Advice? Wanna move to Singapore.

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18

Yes, Ap Lei Choi is not too bad, Repulse Bay, etc. is ok, but offshore is statistically the only place with a major difference. One has to trade the inconvenience for the cleaner lifestyle.

Tung Chung, yes is offshore. Unfortunately, "contrails" from jets produce a fair amount of suspended particulates that irritate asthmatics and those with allergies. Lantau residents suffer due to these emissions. The government doesn't have a reporting station on Lamma at the present time but statistical data has been obtained in the recent past. Until bunker is eliminated in the ferries there will continue to be issues with residual emissions even on Lamma. Fortunately, it is still much better than repeated contrail emissions from jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    But the OPs partner is a pilot, so I think living on Lamma is a pretty unrealistic commute. Perhaps they could consider Peng Chau, but surely Pui O on Lantau would be good enough! Op, have you looked at houses in Pui O?
    There are other villages on south Lantau where airport staff reside than Pui O,which is one of the more expensive areas to live. Pollution is the same, although marginally lower than in TC.
    Elegiaque likes this.

singapore seems like an interesting place to move, if i were to move i heard taiwan is also quite fascinating