Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fiona in HKG

looking for JOB in Vancouver, Canada

Closed Thread

looking for JOB in Vancouver, Canada

I am planning to leave Hong Kong and moving to Vancouver, Canada. Does anyone know any websites where I can search for jobs in Vancouver, Canada?

Google is your friend....did you even try?

First two from search: Vancouver jobs online

BCjobs.ca: BC Jobs & Careers, Largest Job Board in BC
    https://www.bcjobs.ca/

Current job opportunities with the City of Vancouver | City of Vancouver
    Current job opportunities with the City of Vancouver | City of Vancouver

wtbhotia likes this.

And what kind of jobs would you be looking into for Vancouver?

As I have experience in International Sales and Marketing for over 15 years in Hong Kong, I would be looking for the same field.

What's your expertise? Field, industry? Are you a Canadian passport holder?

Mrs. Jones...I am a Canadian passport holder. I previously worked as the Business Development Manager for KaShui which is a manufacturing company that is listed in the Hong Kong stock exchange.

Kashui Group is an OEM manufacturer with strength in die casting and molding business. The company would like to diversify their business into ODM/ OBM segment. The key role of this new position is to direct and coordinate the operation of the newly created Alphalite Division into a profitable business and extend the success into other OBM business in future. Alphalite plasma lighting is a new technology in high lumens application markets.

My expertise include wide exposure and solid experience in both sales and marketing functions by handling different types of product categories (from mass consuming to luxurious products), in different company profiles (from Distributor to Manufacturer) and across different geographical regions (HK, China, Asia Pacific, North and South America). Strong strategic thinking to achieve business goals, excellent analytical skills on financials and P&L, good communication skills with cross functions, high level leadership and management skills on the subordinates.

Would appreciate if you can help.

I think indeed.ca and a few others are mildly popular. If you attended UBC, they have an online job board.

For high level positions, you either see whether your network can help, pound the pavement and contact firms yourself (you do the research on the firms and then find a relevant email address) or utilize headhunters.