Like Tree9Likes

Want to withdraw MPF

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Want to withdraw MPF

Hey peeps,

Think I am pretty much done with Hong Kong, looking to go somewhere else. Want to withdraw the MPF.. how do I go about doing that? Someone said I need proof that I'm leaving; are they asking for a plane ticket or something else? And how long do I have to wait til I get the money?

Cheers

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Been there seen it done it.

Submitted paperwork through the mpf provider in January and collected the monies in May.

I didn't show proof nor asked for proof that I was leaving HK but did have evidence to show if required.

I had to go to the government office to swear an oath and sign that I was leaving HK.

Not always necessary as far as I know it's dependant on who you're with.

Yeah just fill a form and it's done. But you can only do it once in your lifetime.

Yup once it's done and you end up with another job in HK then you'll need to get a private mpf scheme

MandM! likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Yup once it's done and you end up with another job in HK then you'll need to get a private mpf scheme
    How does the private mpf scheme work? Do I have to pay money to open that that type of scheme?

I got the forms today from HSBC bank.. the lady told me to just fill them in and bring my HKID and passport to the office to the bank tomorrow then to some office where I have to give some sort of oath. Seems pretty straight forward.

What happens if one withdraws his MPF and ends back up in Hong Kong at a later date with a job? Won't get in trouble? There's a warning on the forms she gave me.. liable for 1 year's imprisonment on the first conviction and a $200,000 fine (=_=)

Also on the forms.. it says
    I departed/will depart* from Hong Kong on __________(dd/mm/yyyy) to reside elsewhere with no intention of returning for employment or to resettle in Hong Kong as a permanent resident.

I haven't booked my ticket yet.. can I just make up random date for next January?

Quote Originally Posted by nickelodeon1997:
    Also on the forms.. it says
    I departed/will depart* from Hong Kong on __________(dd/mm/yyyy) to reside elsewhere with no intention of returning for employment or to resettle in Hong Kong as a permanent resident.

I haven't booked my ticket yet.. can I just make up random date for next January?
    I guess you can.
    Mine was booked but they never asked for flight proof.

Quote Originally Posted by nickelodeon1997:
    How does the private mpf scheme work? Do I have to pay money to open that that type of scheme?

I got the forms today from HSBC bank.. the lady told me to just fill them in and bring my HKID and passport to the office to the bank tomorrow then to some office where I have to give some sort of oath. Seems pretty straight forward.

What happens if one withdraws his MPF and ends back up in Hong Kong at a later date with a job? Won't get in trouble? There's a warning on the forms she gave me.. liable for 1 year's imprisonment on the first conviction and a $200,000 fine (=_=)
    No idea

Never looked into a private scheme.
    I assume you'd just have to open one and start putting in money monthly.

Unlikely you'll get into trouble if coming back and secure another role.

Friends of mine did the same and came back to HK a year later to work so started up a private mpf scheme.

It's more of an issue if you claim to be leaving HK when you're actually not.

I thought it you came back again was no problem, you go back into the same MPF scheme as everyone else again no problem, but if you leave again a second time and try to withdrawal it a second time that's when they will tell you to fuck off and wait until retirement before you can get your hands on it.

But I may be wrong, was just my understanding. I'm also not sure how they enforce since if you come back a second time I assume you would get a new HKID with new number, thereby taking a new identity.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast