Moving from HK to Denmark

Closed Thread

Lightbulb Moving from HK to Denmark

Hi! I've applied for a programme in Denmark and I want to plan ahead about it.

Anyone knows any companies that ship from Hk to Denmark in an acceptable price? (just moving some of my clothes and rubbishes... no furnitures needed)

Besides, I have a husky, which I want to bring him with me (4 years study!), is it best to bring it with me as a cargo? and any idea where I can find a IATA pet crate and big enough for him? I wouldn't mind a second hand one if it is IATA approved.

Thank you!

Last edited by miywinnie; 21-05-2016 at 12:24 AM.

1. Google all the moving companies that are international, such as Crown, Asian Tigers, Allied Pickfords etc...sure they would move your things to Denmark, or ask if they have an affiliated mover. For an example, when I moved from Berlin to Brisbane, I used Hasenkamp (Germany) which is affiliated with Kent ( Australian company). If no furniture, that should be ok. You can also google Maersk to inquire further about shipping and if there are any side links.

2. I take it that you are moving your husky ( great! Your husky will be much happier in Denmark than in HK, particularly of the amount of space and climate to which they are much, MUCH better suited. ) You can contact International Pet Travel ( George Yung), or Dr Gerry Pahl at Exportapetvet, or Ferndale, SPCA or Kennel Van Dego for IATA approved crates. If you also place an enquiry on HK Pet Owners FB page requesting, someone may have one for sale, but please check it, and if any doubts, ask one of the aforementioned pet movers as they will affirm with you. You must take your dog as live cargo. You cannot take your husky on board except in the hold. This is why you need to contact the immigration and your vet who can advise you or go through an international pet mover as we are doing with ours.

We are moving stuff as well back to Sweden either end of this year or early next year ( looks like end of this year as we are currently over in Sweden checking with the municipality and architect, the former of which has thrown us some glitches...long grey hair growing story ) , and bringing our beagle and BSH mix cat. But e are going through a pet mover because of the other stuff my husband and I have to deal with.

Good luck. Any other questions, either ask or google is your friend!