Like Tree31Likes

What to do with Phone Contract??

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Yes, there are plenty of ways the consumer could have some reasonable protection in the event of unforseen circumstances. The point is there are generally not. A competent regulator would ensure this, but this is HK.

nivantj and itsdawn like this.

What's wrong with paying for the remaining months for the 1st year? OP signed the contract knowing the terms in advance.

To the OP, if you are not stable in HK then get a prepaid card. You made a choice and you're probably on here asking how to get our of your apartment lease. There is a discount associated with longer term agreements and OP wants both the discounted rate and benefits without the commitment. It really isn't fair.

I have a phone contract and my work provides a phone. So essentially I'm paying for something I don't need. But it's life, I left it on autopay.

Is there a way I can not pay my income taxes because I changed jobs? Or moved abroad. Where does it stop?

Man up.

robertlempriere likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    Contracts without fair cancellation clauses.
    Unless things have changed in the last few years in the UK, the mobile operators there work the same way.

I had 8 months left of my mobile contract before I moved to the UK, I had to pay back the 8 months of charges for early cancellation.

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq
    Home contracts are generally fixed for 1st year and flexible from 2nd year onwards..so if you leave anytime on the 1st year, you still have to pay for remaining months..
    Yes I can break my flat lease at 12+2 months. Can't do that with PCCW. Hence my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus
    Unless things have changed in the last few years in the UK, the mobile operators there work the same way.

I had 8 months left of my mobile contract before I moved to the UK, I had to pay back the 8 months of charges for early cancellation.
    I left last year and had to pay the balance of the phone and 1 month service charge. Had about a year left on the contract. UK a few years back had mobile operators split contracts into device and service portions so customers know what they owe for the phone vs. the service.
    TheBrit, Apjace and shannonwalsh like this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4