Like Tree203Likes

Moving to the UK with HK wife

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
  1. #111

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,410
    Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I guess they think that if you are rich enough to afford the processing fee they probably should let you in!
    Crazy, really the entire fees were $25k including health checks and property inspection and to expidite the application.

    Certainly not cheap when the processing of the paperwork is outsourced to the Philippines
    chuckster007 likes this.

  2. #112

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    29,522
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Crazy, really the entire fees were $25k including health checks and property inspection and to expidite the application.

    Certainly not cheap when the processing of the paperwork is outsourced to the Philippines
    There certainly is a good profit margin there. Btw I thought it was just Asia outsourced to Manila but apparently it is the whole world except the UK now.

  3. #113

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    薄扶林
    Posts
    47,717
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    There certainly is a good profit margin there. Btw I thought it was just Asia outsourced to Manila but apparently it is the whole world except the UK now.
    So, no #MUKGA movement in the horizon to bring jobs back? (Sorry, its Sevens weekend and Friday... have nothing productive to do or say.)

  4. #114

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    29,522
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    So, no #MUKGA movement in the horizon to bring jobs back? (Sorry, its Sevens weekend and Friday... have nothing productive to do or say.)
    Mukga, as horrible a sounding word as the concept itself

  5. #115

    Just an update: picked up my wife's visa today! It took around 30 working days in the end (after paying 600 quid for the 10-15 day priority service).

    Basically no contact from UKVI once we applied, apart from stock responses to email enquiries. I contacted my local MP, who just resigned as leader of the Lib Dems, to look into the matter and he seems to have been able to speed up the process as we know of a few couples who applied earlier than us, but are still waiting. Not sure if his chasing it made a difference, but worth a go for other people to contact their local MP if they're waiting.

    If anyone has any questions about our application, just ask!


  6. #116

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    7,748
    Quote Originally Posted by nihaobitches:
    Just an update: picked up my wife's visa today! It took around 30 working days in the end (after paying 600 quid for the 10-15 day priority service).
    Congrats fella!!!
    nihaobitches likes this.

  7. #117

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    99

    Nihaobitches,

    I thought it would be a simple process, (I am in reverse, UK to HK). Good luck to you and your new life in the U.K., but it really sounds like you have more than resources to make it happen.

    If you need a place to rent, I have a two bed flat in Tunbridge Wells in a lovely location if you want to rent for medium term.

    Anyways best if luck and enjoy life without evil mosquitoes ahhhh....


  8. #118

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    DB
    Posts
    3,700

    Well done with getting there in the end. Hope you have a wonderful new life over in the UK.

    Your name did give me a chuckle! I remember that episode so well


  9. #119

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    7,748

    Does anyone know if we show MPF portifilo to meet the 62K sterling requirement, would they accept it???


  10. #120

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    930

    Congratulations OP.

    Government considering letting in non-EU spouses of EU citizens, but not those of Brits!

    BREXIT: Government 'considering letting EU nationals bring non-EU spouses to UK' | UK | News | Express.co.uk