Like Tree203Likes

Moving to the UK with HK wife

Reply
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
  1. #121

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,372
    Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Personally, I don't have an issue with having a reasonable minimum income set. It is the rather harsh way this has been implemented that is at issue, with an adherence to the letter of the law rather than the spirit in cases that fall between the cracks. Especially the discrimination that is created when only the UK citizen's income may be taken into account.
    Yup it's causing me unbelievable stress and hassle as the sponsor.

    Pretty much need 6 months minimum of consecutive statements from my banks etc and to prove where the funds have come from etc.

    My application has been submitted and visiting the consulate next week to hand in the paperwork they're requiring.

    Then it's the waiting game with no guarantee that we'll be accepted.
    kimwy66 and hullexile like this.

  2. #122

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    25,126
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Yup it's causing me unbelievable stress and hassle as the sponsor.

    Pretty much need 6 months minimum of consecutive statements from my banks etc and to prove where the funds have come from etc.

    My application has been submitted and visiting the consulate next week to hand in the paperwork they're requiring.

    Then it's the waiting game with no guarantee that we'll be accepted.
    Best of luck Jimbo, sure you will be fine.

    If you want another bad piece of shit - if they reject you have the choice of a paper only appeal or the more expensive court hearing where you can present your case personally. If you choose the latter you have to pay the court fees up front which are non-refundable even, as in my case, it never goes to court! BASTARDS.

  3. #123

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,372
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Best of luck Jimbo, sure you will be fine.

    If you want another bad piece of shit - if they reject you have the choice of a paper only appeal or the more expensive court hearing where you can present your case personally. If you choose the latter you have to pay the court fees up front which are non-refundable even, as in my case, it never goes to court! BASTARDS.
    Got approval today!
    Thankfully! All the past few months of stress is over.
    Next step is to secure jobs for the both of us.

  4. #124

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    25,126
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Got approval today!
    Thankfully! All the past few months of stress is over.
    Next step is to secure jobs for the both of us.
    Congratulations!

  5. #125

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,235

    Good job jimbo!


  6. #126

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Island East
    Posts
    6,579
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Got approval today!
    Thankfully! All the past few months of stress is over.
    Next step is to secure jobs for the both of us.
    Congrats dude so overall it took you like 2 weeks from hand in to approval using express service???

  7. #127

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,372
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Congrats dude so overall it took you like 2 weeks from hand in to approval using express service???
    Yup just under ten working days from hand in to approval using fast track

    Costs $4545 extra to get it as opposed to the 60 working days for normal processing
    Last edited by jimbo; 07-04-2017 at 10:56 AM.

  8. #128

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    11,755
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Yup just under ten working days from hand in to approval using fast track

    Costs $4545 extra to get it as opposed to the 60 working days for normal processing
    I guess they think that if you are rich enough to afford the processing fee they probably should let you in!
    avengedsevenfold likes this.

  9. #129

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,372
    Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I guess they think that if you are rich enough to afford the processing fee they probably should let you in!
    Crazy, really the entire fees were $25k including health checks and property inspection and to expidite the application.

    Certainly not cheap when the processing of the paperwork is outsourced to the Philippines
    chuckster007 likes this.

  10. #130

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    25,126
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Crazy, really the entire fees were $25k including health checks and property inspection and to expidite the application.

    Certainly not cheap when the processing of the paperwork is outsourced to the Philippines
    There certainly is a good profit margin there. Btw I thought it was just Asia outsourced to Manila but apparently it is the whole world except the UK now.

Reply
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast