Like Tree203Likes

Moving to the UK with HK wife

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by anujroy:
    I am planning to move to U.K. With wife and kids. My wife's x-ray has come positive for TB although she has no visible signs. Now they want to do a sputum test. Any idea how long does it take for the results to come. I heard it takes more than two months? Which jeopardises all plans. Any idea?
    Find another authorized lab to do the TB test and see if they get the same results or not is what I would do 1st.
    jimbo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Find another authorized lab to do the TB test and see if they get the same results or not is what I would do 1st.
    Indeed, my wife had a TB xray come up positive, they did it again at the same hospital and it was negative. However if they have already asked for a sputum test I don't think you have a choice.
    shri likes this.

If I am applying family visa via Cat D (savings). It stated they will need 6 months bank statement.

The question is, do I have to build up 6 months of real bank statement before I can apply or I can goto my bank and pay them to print previous 6 months on original letterhead paper?

On HSBC at least, you can print out your own statements. I've used them for various things - loans, mortgages etc and self printed statements have been fine.

Never used for the British visa app though. When I looked at it, I think you could get print outs stamped at the bank for extra credibility.

WMDS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    I converted to Sterling at (USDGBY) 1.32

I then bought a load more at 1.22.

Hoping I won't get a chance to buy at 1.12!
    Back in the green now, on todays inflation data. The effects of a weak pound feeding through and hitting the UK consumer in the pocket - inflation up to 2.9% - well ahead of any other developed market.

Quote Originally Posted by WMDS:
    If I am applying family visa via Cat D (savings). It stated they will need 6 months bank statement.

The question is, do I have to build up 6 months of real bank statement before I can apply or I can goto my bank and pay them to print previous 6 months on original letterhead paper?
    I did mine with BOC.
    They gave a printout for the past 6 months but they stamped it which was fine.
    WMDS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ern:
    I believe a non-UK EU citizen can bring their spouse, regardless of where the spouse is from, to live in the UK without the salary or savings restrictions applying.
    Not true

Quote Originally Posted by MrRotavator:
    Not true
    Really - Ern's understanding is the same as mine? This is why the Survinder Singh solution came into being.

An interesting case where it was settled by being the wife of an EU citizen exercising his treaty rights.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-to-stay-in-uk

While this case is pretty nasty, i can't help but wonder why this couple was entitled to child benefit. Right to live fine, right to benefits when not even an EU national... Kind of explains why some people voted for Brexit.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast