Like Tree203Likes

Moving to the UK with HK wife

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17

Quote Originally Posted by WMDS:
    £250 just to check the accommodation, on top of all the other expenses, someone making a mint!
    Yup pretty much so!
    Ridiculous thing is that an estate agency property valuation isn’t allowed.

Tangentially related to the original topic, so I'll ask it here (mods, move to a separate thread if need be):

We're all settled in the UK and enjoying life here, but have a question regarding visas for Honk Kong passport holders:

The mother-in-law has been out to visit us in August and stayed for a few months before going back to HK. She wants to come out again after CNY and possibly stay for about 4 months in total in the UK (not just with us, but visiting friends etc) - I assumed this would be fine as HKers get 6 months on arrival. The missus, however, says that it could be tricky as visitors are not allowed to stay for more than 6 months in any given year from when the visa was issued - she will have been in the UK for a total of seven months, but on two separate visas/visits, in the space of a year from when she came in August 2017. I can't find any official line on this stating the 180 days in a year thing, but the missus has checked a bunch of forums where people are mentioning it - I figured the well-informed, good-looking, helpful people on here might be able to shed some light on the situation!

Quote Originally Posted by nihaobitches:
    Tangentially related to the original topic, so I'll ask it here (mods, move to a separate thread if need be):

We're all settled in the UK and enjoying life here, but have a question regarding visas for Honk Kong passport holders:

The mother-in-law has been out to visit us in August and stayed for a few months before going back to HK. She wants to come out again after CNY and possibly stay for about 4 months in total in the UK (not just with us, but visiting friends etc) - I assumed this would be fine as HKers get 6 months on arrival. The missus, however, says that it could be tricky as visitors are not allowed to stay for more than 6 months in any given year from when the visa was issued - she will have been in the UK for a total of seven months, but on two separate visas/visits, in the space of a year from when she came in August 2017. I can't find any official line on this stating the 180 days in a year thing, but the missus has checked a bunch of forums where people are mentioning it - I figured the well-informed, good-looking, helpful people on here might be able to shed some light on the situation!
    There is no rule that I can find that says people are limited to 180 days per year. It may raise a red flag with immigration but given the circumstances I doubt there would be a problem.
    nihaobitches and shri like this.

Yeah, same here - I can't find anything official stating that kind of rule, but the wife...

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Perhaps if they used some more of the profits from visa applications on this area?

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17