Like Tree203Likes

Moving to the UK with HK wife

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nep:
    WTF? (Not Canadian)

If you are British you can't just bring your wife?

I read it twice and still think I must have misunderstood something.
    They've introduced financial tests. Teachers and people on average salaries are struggling to qualify with enough earnings to bring a foreign spouse home. Essentially only rich Brits can now marry non-citizens and return home.
    DirtyHairy likes this.

That's disgusting!

DrWho likes this.

TheBrit likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    EU may fall under this policy depending on how Brexit goes...

Original Post Deleted
    I agree with you and I'm pro-Brexit...I said to people before Brexit, when they asked what I hoped for, I said I hope for a.) a landslide result for Brexit b.) a landslide result for Remain...

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    They've introduced financial tests. Teachers and people on average salaries are struggling to qualify with enough earnings to bring a foreign spouse home. Essentially only rich Brits can now marry non-citizens and return home.
    unbelievable

Just curious. Has anyone ever challenged these rules in a court of law?

I won't comment, you all know my story, but just to add BRTISH IMMIGRATION ARE BASTARDS.

The premium service when you apply is a waste of money but the premium service when you come to renew in the UK is expensive but seriously worth the money.

I believe a non-UK EU citizen can bring their spouse, regardless of where the spouse is from, to live in the UK without the salary or savings restrictions applying.

You have to apply for the visa first from here. It takes abut 12 weeks to be approved (or not) and if you apply from here then I gather you need to do the cash savings route (the 64k pounds).
    Otherwise you would have to move there first alone, get a job and after (I believe) 6 months of working, prove you have enough salary to support them and have them join you. Not really feasible to keep paying HK rent and school fees for your family from a British wage for the time required....
    We are looking at this process now, nobody on the premium line immigration can answer any questions, they seem very vague about the process, expat forums seem the most useful for advice on this!

TheBrit, shri, DirtyHairy and 1 others like this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast