Like Tree3Likes

rubbish removal service

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

rubbish removal service

I'm moving out of a flat and have a number of items I don't want anymore: a few small pieces of furniture, old appliances, and just a lot of useless stuff that seems to accumulate over the years.
    Is there a service were someone comes in and I can just point out things and they will be taken away?
    thanks.
    c.

Usually it helps to give the building trash people 100 hkd and they take care of things

It takes some time, but it's well worth it to post it for free in the classifieds here or on the other expat site. Plenty of people even want broken things. Best not to dump, and there's a lot of nasty illegal dumping happening in HK, including e-waste.

WMDS likes this.

Swap it forum on Facebook. Post free and you might have luck. Best to ask your management, security or neighbor.

If it is in good shape, consider donation:

Services | The Salvation Army 救世軍

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    there's a lot of nasty illegal dumping happening in HK, including e-waste.
    Do you know the official process for e-waste?
    What should I do with a broken fridge for example?

Quote Originally Posted by richs:
    e-waste collection through appointment via the hotline (2676 8888). They collect mainly washing machines, refrigerators, air conditioners, televisions and computer products viz. computers (i.e. desktops, laptops and tablets), printers, scanners and monitors.
    https://www.wastereduction.gov.hk/en...wcc_detail.htm
    richs likes this.

Don't be too optimistic about the pick up service. Their sun contractors are very very picky about what they pick up.

Had to fight them and get EPD involved when we has about 4-5 high value servers to recycle.

Yeah, called them and they said they will call back in a week to arrange a slot to collect. I do wonder if an online calendaring system would be more efficient.

Thing is, I live close to a refuse collection place (the ones with public toilets ajoined). I'm wondering if I can just take it down there and give it to them.

Quote Originally Posted by richs:
    Is there any government estate nearby where you live? I have seen people waiting on chairs and displaying advert boards about collecting household electronics like tv fridge aircon etc on daily basis. Also, on weekends there are huge trucks collecting recycling stuffs given by residents. You may need help of a local or you can ask the security/cleaners at your building!

The things you throw away at refuse points goes to landfil, unless they are diverted to recyclers by the staffworking there. Unless there is a monetary benefit in doing so, staffs at refuse collection point wouldn't bother with proper recycling rather they would just dump it on the dump truck and send it to land fill

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast