Company transfer from HK to Singapore

Closed Thread

Company transfer from HK to Singapore

Hi all.

I'm considering a move to Singapore at my own initiative for various personal reasons and have an opportunity to transfer in my current position with my company.

However, before I start the discussion I would like to understand what some of the things I should consider as part of the negotiations with my boss. Would appreciate any feedback from those that have made a similar move from HK to SG or vice versa.

Also can those with experience comment specifically about the how the salary maybe adjusted for the move? Should I expect an up or downward adjustment given the slight difference in cost of living and the current fx rates?

Thanks.

Original Post Deleted
    , thanks for the reply. For the salary conversion I wasn't sure what companies would do and was concerned if I had to take a downward adjustment.

If it's a straight conversion at the current spot that would be good. Or if they take a historical average then I might expect a cut.

Need some more data points. Hopefully some more replies.

You should be very careful about conversion rates, companies tend to be very loose about it.

I'm in the banking industry. Support related functions.