Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By chuckster007
  • 1 Post By Rosacea
  • 1 Post By avengedsevenfold

MPF withdrawing

MPF withdrawing

I'm going to live in the other country for 1 year or longer and I want to withdraw my MPF to cover the cost of travel and living there. I'm a Permanent Resident here. The MPF company gave me a document to sign that states that I plan to leave HK and will not come back, I need to have this document notarized and it will go to immigration office. Will I lose my Permanent Residency if I withdraw my MPF?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosacea
    I'm going to live in the other country for 1 year or longer and I want to withdraw my MPF to cover the cost of travel and living there. I'm a Permanent Resident here. The MPF company gave me a document to sign that states that I plan to leave HK and will not come back, I need to have this document notarized and it will go to immigration office. Will I lose my Permanent Residency if I withdraw my MPF?
    No you won't, they're not linked.

Send in the paperwork sooner rather than later as mine took 3 months to process through AIA.

The other country your moving to, are you immigrating there and have permission to live / resident of that country etc or going there on like a working holiday as MPF wont let you take your own money if your not going there permanently.

A friend of mine (HK SAR passport holding resident) married to a UK resident wasnt allowed to take her money even though they were moving to UK as she didnt have the residency yet in the UK.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007
    The other country your moving to, are you immigrating there and have permission to live / resident of that country etc or going there on like a working holiday as MPF wont let you take your own money if your not going there permanently.

A friend of mine (HK SAR passport holding resident) married to a UK resident wasnt allowed to take her money even though they were moving to UK as she didnt have the residency yet in the UK.
    I plan to tell them that I'm going back to my homecountry but I will actually fly to a different country to stay there for a year. Will that get me in trouble?
    avengedsevenfold likes this.

I plan to tell them that I'm going back to my homecountry but I will actually fly to a different country to stay there for a year. Will that get me in trouble?
    If you hold another passport (other than HKSAR) then it shouldn't be a problem.
    chuckster007 likes this.