Like Tree7Likes

Moving back to UK and want to sell flat - how long will it take?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Moving back to UK and want to sell flat - how long will it take?

Hello all, my husband and two toddlers are relocating back to the UK and I may need to be there by June/July to start a new job.

I'm about to put my house on the market this weekend (once discussed with hub) and getting a bit worried as I've heard various reports about flat sales taking a long time. My sis in law, for example, says it took her 2 years to sell their place in hang fa chuen even though it was opposite the MTR station!

We have a place in a Sino development, Island Resort in Siu Sai Wan near Chai Wan. It's a 2-bed and there are quite nice facilities and we're right under the bus depot so loads of buses/ mini buses / taxis going through

I know it's hard to say and depends on many factors, but if anyone can share their thoughts on roughly how long it takes to sell a flat based on own/family/friends experiences, that would be great!

Thanks a lot

Try posting a classified ad here, worth a try.. Who knows, you might get lucky.

https://geoexpat.com/classifieds/apa...-sale-by-owner

hch likes this.

It will be sold in 2 days, 14 hours and 24 seconds.

hch likes this.

Depends how you price it, and how lucky you are.

We just sold one in 36 hours but that wasn't HK.

hch likes this.

Surely - assuming the place is in decent condition, isn't haunted, etc. - it's going to depend mainly on how much you're asking? Put it on the market for $1,000,000 and it'll sell in minutes, try to get over market rate and it'll sit empty for a long time...

List at a low price and it will be gone soon...

Or rent it out and enjoy the income. If the property prices continue to rise, you'll become wealthier, at least on paper.

hch likes this.

Check the transaction records on Centadata - that will tell you if other flats have sold recently in your building and will give you a very good idea of how much they have sold for.

tagore and hch like this.

thanks for the tip! yes agree

yes, you're right. guess we might have to lower the price for quick sell

Quote Originally Posted by hch:
    yes, you're right. guess we might have to lower the price for quick sell
    Don't be in too much of a rush to lower your price and run. We know a couple of people who have received slightly above asking, cash offers from Mainland buyers.
    tagore likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast